Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

Only a beginner with CouchCms but searched the forum and didnt find answer. I have built Couch into http://riffsstudios.com and am having issues with rich text formatting. The events panel on the home page will only display links as purple, theyre blue in the couch backend and all css on my site is telling the links to be white, but they dont show as blue or white, just purple. The other issue I'm seeing is on the guitars page the inventory panel ignores all formatting such as bold, italic, etc and all text is showing up as normal and unformatted. Both are rich text blocks.

Also FWIW, wheb logging into couch via a mobile phone, none of the rich text fields show up, just white background (no box, no toolbar). Ive tried dolphin, firefox, chrome, UC browser. I have flash and javascript enabled in the browsers which support it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hi and welcome :)

I had a look at your site and, from what I could gather -
The events panel on the home page will only display links as purple, theyre blue in the couch backend and all css on my site is telling the links to be white, but they dont show as blue or white, just purple.
This seems to be a straightforward CSS issue.
Let us forget how the links appear in the backend for the time being. How things appear in the backend will rarely be the same as how they appear on the frontend because the the two use different stylesheets (BTW, you can make Couch backend use the frontend stylesheet using the 'css' parameter of 'cms:editable' tag).

The problem on your site is with your frontend stylesheet as it doesn't seem define the style for the anchor element. There is no ".panel3 a" rule to style the links in events page, Please check.

The other issue I'm seeing is on the guitars page the inventory panel ignores all formatting such as bold, italic, etc and all text is showing up as normal and unformatted
If you take a look at the generated HTML, all the text elements have inline styling attached. It looks like you have copy/pasted the contents into the richtext editor and this has copied the styling of the original source.

This is a common problem with all richtext editors. The right way of pasting such content is to paste it into the 'source' panel or to first paste it in a plaintext editor (like notepad) and then transfer it to the richtext.

wheb logging into couch via a mobile phone, none of the rich text fields show up, just white background (no box, no toolbar).
Couch's current admin panel, I am afraid, is not mobile-ready (though people have reported that Dolphin works for them). The upcoming version will sport a redesigned and responsive admin-panel and this will not be an issue then.
Thanks so much for the quick reply!

This seems to be a straightforward CSS issue.

Whoops, embarrassing, apologies for bothering you with issues on my end :roll:

you can make Couch backend use the frontend stylesheet using the 'css' parameter of 'cms:editable' tag).

Since employees of the Yoga / Guitar store will be the ones making changes via couch, I would like the editor to be as WYSIWYG as possible, is this the means to achieving such? I'm going to style everything to be as "ugly proof" as possible, so that this site doesn't look poor on my portfolio just because a less design-savvy employee was able to make all of the links neon green or something...

This is a common problem with all richtext editors. The right way of pasting such content is to paste it into the 'source' panel or to first paste it in a plaintext editor (like notepad) and then transfer it to the richtext.

Was able to correct the problem by viewing the source and removing all the inline junk. I will pass this info on to the client, thank you!

Couch's current admin panel, I am afraid, is not mobile-ready (though people have reported that Dolphin works for them). The upcoming version will sport a redesigned and responsive admin-panel and this will not be an issue then.

Not a problem, though definitely looking forward to this!

Thanks again for your help, greatly appreciated!
Hi,
I would like the editor to be as WYSIWYG as possible, is this the means to achieving such?
Please see http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... htext.html. You'll find several options you can use to tailor the editor to match your expectations.

Hope this helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1