Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I had KCFinder working perfectly fine on my development server, but once the site was uploaded to the production server, KCFinder is broken: whenever I click on the 'Browse Server' button, I get the following message:

"Cannot create or access thumbnails folder."

Looking at the KCFinder topics in this forum, I have tried already the following:

1) checked that permissions on the upload folder (and thumbs folder) are set correctly - and they are

2) tried changing the name of the folder from ".thumbs" to "thumbs" (no dot), and specifying that in the KCFinder configs

3) tried deleting the .htaccess file, and setting the appropriate config settings in KCFinder config to not check htaccess

Nothing works, I still get the same problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Turning KCFinder off allows me to use the 'normal' file manager without problems.

One thing I did notice, is that the live server uses secure HTTP - i.e., it uses port 443 instead of the default port 80. Based on the topic below, I think this may be related to the fact that KCFinder is being required to use a port other than 80:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8298

Could that be the issue? If that is so, then there does not seem to be a way for KCFinder to work in secure sites...
Hmm, the plot thickens... It seems that even using the 'normal' file browser, I now cannot upload files. I get an "Error on file upload. Error number: 203" message.
SOLVED!

The server was automatically re-setting the folder permissions for the upload folder, which was blocking the access of the file browsers. Leaving the folders at "777" fixed the issue!
I am glad you could solve the problem, luxlogica :)
Nine times out of ten it is a permission issue.
5 posts Page 1 of 1