Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
I think I must be missing a really basic concept and probably can't see the wood for the trees. But I have been banging my head against a wall over this issue.

In basic terms it is a really simple requirement: I want to link to corresponding pages from an array of thumbnails.
See link : http://dev.lauraritchiedesigns.co.uk/tr ... s.php?p=16
The small images should all link to the corresponding product page : http://dev.lauraritchiedesigns.co.uk/a5 ... l.php?p=35

The thumbnails have been created by my client using repeatable regions; easy, see screen grab:
And corresponding html:

I don't understand the page linking tags and how they work, when both the source of the link (the small images) and the page I want to load are created by the CMS.

Any pointers on where I am going wrong would be fantastic.

Attachments

Hello

Inside the show_repeatable replace "<cms: pages ..." by the name of Page Link that you defined in repeatable.

You could accomplish this in another way too. If the every event page has the same HTML structure, you could delete the "repeatable", create a clonable page for events and use <cms:pages> to display them.

I do not know if I was clear.
Hi PixelAce,

As @RafaelNC suggested - it seems each of the row in the repeatable regions is actually a cloned page by itself. It would have been much easier to simply iterate through those cloned pages using cms:pages tag.

Anyways, regarding the specific problem that you have, from what I could see in the screenshot, each row has a dropdown that seems to be populated by the names of available pages (templates?). If that is correct, you can generate the link using cms:link e.g. if the field is named 'my_link', the code could be
Code: Select all
<a href="<cms:link my_link />">..</a>

It is not clear what the dropdown consists of so please post in its definition (and the snippet if it being dynamically populated).

Thanks
It can be archived now and more easily achieved in the next version: for the purpouse of choosing the article we can create a CustomAdmin screen. Then recreate the whole repeateable region including "dropdown" with all the pages, so the user could choose them just by clicking the option.

If make a 'search-in-dropdown' feature this approach could be useful in some scenarios
@Musman That would be cool, I need something like that. A dropdown with custom_field that displays the pages of a template
Thanks for the reply.
See the code from the head and the repeatable region. It still is not linking through. All hrefs remain empty. I apologise for being so dense over this, everything else has been fine, but there's obviously something fundamental I'm missing here.

To me it should be very simple. I have a page that has been generated by my client:
http://dev.lauraritchiedesigns.co.uk/tr ... s.php?p=16

She can manage the text, carousel and all the thumbnails, all fine and dandy. All I want to set up is the actual links from the thumbnails to the page names she has specified in the pagelinks field in couch, so that when clicked the page that she has generated by the same name opens on screen, like this one:
http://dev.lauraritchiedesigns.co.uk/a5 ... l.php?p=35

The dropdowns you spotted yesterday were a remnant from me trying to get it all working. I don't think I need them so they have been removed. I'm not sure about what you and Rafael are saying with the page tag, I thought I was building a series of thumbnails that pointed to a link, have I approached it the wrong way?
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

The dropdowns you spotted yesterday were a remnant..
I see.. they threw me off track though.

Can you please let us know what is being inputted into the 'pagelink' field?
I suppose your client is copying and pasting the target page's full URL into it.
If that is the case, you can simply use
Code: Select all
<a href="<cms:show pagelink />">..</a>

Does this help?
Thanks kk using href="<cms:show pagelink />" > instead of href="<cms:link pagelink />" > now works. The href are all populated properly.

The issue now is that the correct page is not loading.
The pagelink filled in by my client matches the page name that I want to load, the url loaded is as: http://dev.lauraritchiedesigns.co.uk/th ... tation.php, which is what I wanted, but the system can't find the page. Is it because friendly urls have not yet been activated or is it due to the relative path being used (all we put in the pagelink field was the last part). If so where do the Couch generated pages reside, can we update the link to include the path to them, or is that the wrong way of doing it? Should I be using the page tag in some way - bearing in mind that I will be turning friendly urls on.
Thanks for your help.
Tony
Could you kindly answer my last question please -
What does you client input into the link field?
the-audrey-dl-invitation.php (or whatever the name of the product is) which matches the name field except for the .php on the end
12 posts Page 1 of 2