Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hei KK,

Its me once again! :D and I say so coz it sadly feels am the only one that seems to be having problems with installing couch.
Well, after unsuccessfully trying to install couch on local server (wamp - http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8280&p=14990&hilit=gettext#p14990), i decided to deploy the site onto a remote server. well, i first had the Microsoft IIS problem but i was able to get past that, then came the issue with the URL not be located but was able to define that in K_SITE_URL.

Then came an issue with my hosting solution (which unfortunately is using windows) as the database could not be installed but they resolved that and well, things took another turn as I was then able to get the install page (though) it did not have any styling on it (CSS styling). I went ahead and installed couch (which by the way, I had renamed to admin -and defined the URL).

I could not be re-directed to the login page upon following the link appearing after installation thus, i searched it by entering the address in the windows URL space and upon logging in, the index page was also un-styled and didnt seem to locate any other page URL.

I got a break through after reading a similar thread which advised on using the
Code: Select all
<?php require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../couch/cms.php'); ?>
but in my case using ../admin/cms.php but to no help. In fact, everything went blank after including the snippet at the very top of each template file in the admin (couch) folder.

What and where am I really going wrong, coz to be sincere, I kinda really have to use couch as a solution for my cms-after every review i've read online bout the framework.
Please help, Mr. KK... :D
Hi,

Thank you for persisting despite all the errors you mentioned.

I'll be glad to help but cannot promise things will come out ok as Windows and PHP very often do not mix well together.

Please PM me the FTP creds of your site and I'll login to see if there is anything I could help with.

Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1