Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again!
I've managed to finish my site (most of it, anyway) and I'm gonna need an rss feed for it. The slight issue I've run into though is that my site have two cloneable pages that I need the same rss feed to show. It's a webcomic, and it has a news page (news.php) and a comic/archive page (comic.php).

Soo basically, how do I go about making an rss feed that includes content from both?
Hello,
do you use <cms:pages> tag to create the feed? You can use 'masterpage' param that also gives you a possibility to customize content accodigly to template

Code: Select all
      <cms:pages masterpage='news.php'>
         <item>
            <title><cms:show k_page_title /></title>
            <link><cms:show k_page_link /></link>
            <content:encoded>- your info -</content:encoded>
            <pubDate><cms:date k_page_date format='D, d M Y H:i:s' gmt='1'/> GMT</pubDate>
            <guid><cms:show k_page_link /></guid>
         </item>
      </cms:pages>
      <cms:pages masterpage='comic.php'>
         <item>
            <title><cms:show k_page_title /></title>
            <link><cms:show k_page_link /></link>
            <content:encoded>- your info -</content:encoded>
            <pubDate><cms:date k_page_date format='D, d M Y H:i:s' gmt='1'/> GMT</pubDate>
            <guid><cms:show k_page_link /></guid>
         </item>
      </cms:pages>
@pitchpurple,
Adding another solution to that suggested by @musman -
you can try using cms:query tag instead of cms:pages to fetch pages from multiple templates in a single go.

I think you should be able to adapt the code provided in the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8086&p=13982

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help!
I tried Musman's suggestion and it looks like it's working :)

A quick little question though while we're on the subject of rss feeds; how do you get images to show in the rss feed? Most of the webcomics I follow have little previews of the pages in their feeds. Would be nice to have something like that!
(I tried a few codes found via google but couldn't get them to work. I'm a bit of a newbie with rss feeds haha :p)
Try to install the Starter theme (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6995) or just look into it's rss, cheesypoof has a great recipe of working rss feed!
5 posts Page 1 of 1