Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
33 posts Page 3 of 4
New to Couch, and all has been going well. It's a surprisingly flexible CMS!

I'm having an issue after trying to include an email capture form containing invalid characters:

Code: Select all
<input name="fields[email]" ... >

After some digging in the documentation I resolved the fields[email] problem (removed it entirely), then found another issue with an editable variable that was also invalid due to capitals:

<cms:editable name='drip_formID' ... />

Since renaming the variable, I can't get the template to edit.

Have tried:
- checked the entire template for any other inputs using invalid characters
- CTRL F5 reload on every single page (template root, cloned page, site root, other templates, etc)
- renamed all the related names in the group
- included the superadmin check from this thread which shows I'm logged in as superadmin on the cloned page

Still, all I can see is:

ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters. (Only lowercase[a-z], numerals[0-9] hyphen and underscore permitted

Not sure what else to debug to get this working.
Any help appreciated!
Hi,

The error points to an <cms:input> tag -
ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters.

I think you need to try and scrutinize those in the particular template (and any snippets embedded within it).

If you need some more pairs of eyes, feel free to post the template here and we'll try to find the problematic statement.
KK wrote: Hi,

The error points to an <cms:input> tag -
ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters.

I think you need to try and scrutinize those in the particular template (and any snippets embedded within it).

If you need some more pairs of eyes, feel free to post the template here and we'll try to find the problematic statement.

Thanks KK.

edit - fixed the issue by deleting the template entirely and then re-adding it to couch. Not quite sure what caused couch to not load it once the variables were fixed, but it's working now.

Cheers
I'm using a XAMPP setup on my laptop and have couch running on it. I was going through the "Building a real-world site" and "Starting off simple - the About-Us page" tutorial on this site. I followed the codding instructions on the very same template shown "Aurelius" and downloaded the template from that page.

I followed and checked the instructions several times on adding, after the required first and last required code for editing the template, the editing tags to the beginning and ending content sections as described very well in the tutorial.

My problem is, only the first editable content section shows up in the admin panel. The "Our mission" content section shows but not the "Our History" section. At first it only showed up for the "Our History" section and not the "Our Mission" section. I tried removing the code(tags) from the "Our History" section and the "Our Mission'" section showed up in the admin panel and now I can't get the "Our History" section. I can't seem to get them both to show up as shown.

I have double and triple checked the code and it appears just like the pictures in the tutorial,
I have also included the Edit or Can Not Edit code provided in this posting string, shows EDIT.
Made sure that I have super-admin rights in the Advanced Settings section
I have also closed and reopened my browser. Logged in and out several times.

Not sure why it works for only one content section and not the other. Help? I hope I have described the problem properly.
I really like this CMS and it's very promising, a solution would be fantastic!
@Elmer, please attach the template you are using and I'll test it out on my system.
KK;

I am unable to attach it, won't let me with PHP, HTML, or TXT extension. I'll post the entire script:
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
   <title>Aurelius | About Us</title>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<!-- Stylesheets -->
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/reset.css" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles.css" />

<!-- Scripts -->
   <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
   <!--[if IE 6]>
   <script src="js/DD_belatedPNG_0.0.8a-min.js"></script>
   <script>
     /* EXAMPLE */
     DD_belatedPNG.fix('.button');

/* string argument can be any CSS selector */
     /* .png_bg example is unnecessary */
     /* change it to what suits you! */
   </script>
   <![endif]-->

</head>

<body>

<!... the permission script to test rights...>
<cms:if k_user_access_level ge '10' >
  <p><a target="_blank" href="<cms:admin_link />">EDIT</a></p>
<cms:else /> 
  <h3>You cannot edit!</h3>
</cms:if>
<!... the permission script to test rights...>
   <div id="wrapper" class="container_12 clearfix">

<!-- Text Logo -->
      <h1 id="logo" class="grid_4">Aurelius</h1>

<!-- Navigation Menu -->
      <ul id="navigation" class="grid_8">
         <li><a href="contact.html"><span class="meta">Get in touch</span><br />Contact Us</a></li>
         <li><a href="blog.html"><span class="meta">Latest news</span><br />Blog</a></li>
         <li><a href="portfolio.html"><span class="meta">Our latest work</span><br />Portfolio</a></li>
         <li><a href="about.html" class="current"><span class="meta">Who are we?</span><br />About</a></li>
         <li><a href="index.html"><span class="meta">Homepage</span><br />Home</a></li>
      </ul>

<div class="hr grid_12 clearfix">&nbsp;</div>

<!-- Caption Line -->
      <h2 class="grid_12 caption">Learn <span>about us</span> and what we do best.</h2>

<!-- Column 1 / Content -->

<cms:editable name='main_content' type='richtext'>

<div class="grid_8">
         <h4 class="page_title">Our mission</h4>
         <div class="hr dotted clearfix">&nbsp;</div>
         <p><i>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor. Phasellus cursus augue ac purus. Curabitur faucibus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.</i></p>
         <h4 class="page_title">So who are we?</h4>
         <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor. Phasellus cursus augue ac purus. Curabitur faucibus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor. Phasellus cursus augue ac purus. Curabitur faucibus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.</p>
         <h4 class="page_title">Staff</h4>
         <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor. Phasellus cursus augue ac purus. Curabitur faucibus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor. Phasellus cursus augue ac purus. Curabitur faucibus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas.</p>
         <h4 class="page_title">Clients</h4>

</div>
      </cms:editable>

<!-- Column 2 / Sidebar -->
      <div class="grid_4">

<h4>Our History</h4>
         <dl class="history">
            <dt>1994</dt>
            <dd>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor.</dd>

<dt>1996</dt>
            <dd>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla vel diam id mauris accumsan egestas. Sed sed lorem. Integer id mi vel sapien fermentum vehicula. Pellentesque vitae lacus a sem posuere fringilla. Vestibulum dolor.</dd>

<dt>2000</dt>

<dt>2003</dt>

<dt>2009</dt>
         </dl>
      </div>
      </cms:editable>

<!-- Footer -->
      <p class="grid_12 footer clearfix">
         <span class="float"><b>&copy; Copyright</b> <a href="">QwibbleDesigns</a> - remove upon purchase.</span>
         <a class="float right" href="#">top</a>
      </p>

</div><!--end wrapper-->

</body>
</html>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

Thank you!
Thanks.
As for the attachment, one may zip up the files first before attaching.

Anyway, looking at the code I can see that you are trying to define two editable regions but the *names* of both the regions are the *same* -
<!-- Column 1 / Content -->

For the perspective of Couch, the second region is only modifying the first one (of the same name) and not creating a second one.

I think therein lies your problem.
Please give unique names to each region you define.

Hope this helps.
KK:

I missed that, of course, thanks for pointing that out!

My second editable area code is suppose to be;

<cms:editable name='sidebar_content' type='richtext'>

Thank you!

I'll change it!
Hi my name is Pravin , i am having the same issue . In my case out of 5 pages that i added the {<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>} tag only two pages are showing up in the admin panel .And out of the two pages , both are able to edit content on the page but one of the is unable to change its name even after adding {<cms:template title='About US' />}.
Hope someone can help me , i,ve tried everything that i know .

Thank you in advance
I have written the <?php require_once('couch/cms.php'); ?> <?php COUCH::invoke(); ?> code to a PHP page which I need to edit in couch admin panel. The problem is that the page is still not shown in the admin panel of couch. Why is it so?

Code in that page is given below.
<?php require_once('couch/cms.php');?>
<!--
Author: W3layouts
Author URL: http://w3layouts.com
License: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported
License URL: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
-->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="zxx">
<head>
<title> D2C Associates</title>
<link rel="icon" href="images/D2c_logo.png" type="image/jpeg" sizes="16x16">
</body>
</html>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

Is there any error in this code? Please help me.

Attachments

33 posts Page 3 of 4