Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
23 posts Page 3 of 3
New to Couch, and all has been going well. It's a surprisingly flexible CMS!

I'm having an issue after trying to include an email capture form containing invalid characters:

Code: Select all
<input name="fields[email]" ... >

After some digging in the documentation I resolved the fields[email] problem (removed it entirely), then found another issue with an editable variable that was also invalid due to capitals:

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='drip_formID' ... />

Since renaming the variable, I can't get the template to edit.

Have tried:
- checked the entire template for any other inputs using invalid characters
- CTRL F5 reload on every single page (template root, cloned page, site root, other templates, etc)
- renamed all the related names in the group
- included the superadmin check from this thread which shows I'm logged in as superadmin on the cloned page

Still, all I can see is:

ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters. (Only lowercase[a-z], numerals[0-9] hyphen and underscore permitted

Not sure what else to debug to get this working.
Any help appreciated!
Hi,

The error points to an <cms:input> tag -
ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters.

I think you need to try and scrutinize those in the particular template (and any snippets embedded within it).

If you need some more pairs of eyes, feel free to post the template here and we'll try to find the problematic statement.
KK wrote: Hi,

The error points to an <cms:input> tag -
ERROR: Tag "input" 'name' contains invalid characters.

I think you need to try and scrutinize those in the particular template (and any snippets embedded within it).

If you need some more pairs of eyes, feel free to post the template here and we'll try to find the problematic statement.

Thanks KK.

edit - fixed the issue by deleting the template entirely and then re-adding it to couch. Not quite sure what caused couch to not load it once the variables were fixed, but it's working now.

Cheers
23 posts Page 3 of 3