Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello dear Couch friends, I would appreciate if you could help me with this bizzare problem.

I have a website which consists of 5 html files (pages). I have created succesfuly and without any problem a template for index page with editable regions. However, I'm pulling my hair creating a second template for about us page. With standard couch cms implementation second template just won't show in administration. I'm going crazy :?

I have checked error logs in my control panel and it keeps saying:
File does not exist: /xxx/xxx/public_html/404.shtml

Please someone help me.
Thank you, regards
MM
Hello and welcome MM :)

A quick checklist -
1. Have you added *both* the PHP statements to the template? (I frequently see people forgetting the <?php COUCH::invoke(); ?> at the end )

2. You need to manually type the address of the new template in the browser so as to visit it. Does the template appear in the browser? (if not perhaps you have prettyURLs turned on)

3. Are you sure that the browser used above is the same in which you are logged-in as super-admin (in another tab or instance). This is usually the most common reason for such problems.

If you are sure of all the above points, please do a view-source of the template. Do you see any error message somewhere?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
OMG Thank you so much. So easy but I would never think of that alone :D

(2) Manually typeing and visiting web address saved the day.

I have another problem.
My index site is loading content from other sites on div click using jquery. Index page shows perfectly (probably because content is there in html), but when I click on a div which should then load content from other site and show it in index site, nothing is displayed.

Is there some special tag in couchcms for javascript files or is it something else ?

Thank you
MM
I am glad the problem is solved.

Regarding the other problem you mentioned - Couch in no way interferes with your site's JS/CSS.
If some JS related functionality was working before adding Couch, it should keep on doing so even after Couch comes in the equation.

If, however, you find that the problem has cropped up only after Couch, please do a view-source of the generated template and compare it with your original static HTML template.
You are sure to find something that is not the same and is interfering with the normal functioning.
With the problem identified, we can try and fix it.

Hope this helps.
After 5 min of questioning why why why I finally figured out what's wrong.

Linking to other pages in JS file is set to .html but when I created template .html turned to .php and that's why my javascript couldn't find content on other pages.

Thank you for your support. You were fast and furios :lol:

MM
5 posts Page 1 of 1