Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
hi

i have been trying out the on page edit mode and all is great but when i try to select an image from the folder via the file browser it doesn't work.
However if i manually input the file name then all is good i can save it no problem..

maybe a config issue with permissions etc...

any ideas. :?:
Hi and welcome :)
when i try to select an image from the folder via the file browser it doesn't work.

Could you please let us know more as to what exactly happens? Can you access the file-browser?

Thanks.
yes i can reach the file browser but when i click a hyperlink file the screen blinks like it is launching the link but nothing happens and the picture is not loaded to the image URL field but seems it is either blocked or not launching properly.
if i manually type the path into the image URL field and then save it all works fine
i have checked the site level error logs but seems no error listed there.

Attachments

Thank you for the detailed description :)

Looks like a JS error to me.
Can you please take a look at the FireBug panel (or 'Inspect Element' in Chrome) to see if something is being reported?

Also, can you please try using the new FileManager (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7712) and see if you still get the same problem?
@maxxeshop could you please perform the following edit?

In CMSmanage/includes/fileuploader/browser/frmresourceslist.html search for:
Code: Select all
window.top.k_browse_result( fieldName, fileUrl );
Change it to:
Code: Select all
window.parent.parent.k_browse_result( fieldName, fileUrl );
Thanks and do let us know if this solves the original issue.
all good have set all permissions in new folder to 644 hope this is ok?

do you want me to change the config.php back to use the old file manager and test?
Yes, if you could - it would be very helpful in tracking down the problem.
i have tested your suggestion and there is no change to the old result "not working" using old file manager
Just to clarify, does the new file-manager (KCFinder) that @KK suggested work correctly for you?

The old file manager malfunctions for me in pop-ups in both Firefox and Chrome because k_browse_result is undefined in the specified window. Performing the edit I mentioned above however fixed it, though I'm not sure why not for you...

In Internet Explorer 11, I couldn't even test this because it complains about a completely unrelated error which prevents file/folder listing, even in the admin panel. It doesn't like the last createNSResolver in fckxml.js.

KCFinder works in all of these browsers, which leads me to think it is time for the old FCKEditor fileuploader to be dropped and KCFinder included by default. There has also been renewed activity (https://github.com/sunhater/kcfinder) from the developer of the project. This is invaluable when new bugs or browser compatibility issues arise.
which leads me to think it is time for the old FCKEditor fileuploader to be dropped and KCFinder included by default.
I am beginning to realize this too.

The 900KB that KCFinder would add to the (still) lean download zip was making me reluctant to do so (increased size somehow impinges on the 'lightweight' claim of Couch) but I think it is getting inevitable now.

Let us add and make KCFinder the default for 1.4.5, @cheesypoof.
10 posts Page 1 of 1