Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Is there a way to migrate just a portion of a Couch database from development to production?

I've been working on a new feature for a website including a new template and its data. It's ready to go live, but in the meantime the live and development site have gotten out of sync. That is, data has changed on the live site without being mirrored in development.

What I would like to accomplish is to add the new template and its data to the live site without disturbing the existing data or having to key in all the new data again on the live site. But when I look at the MYSQL table structure, the data for a template is spread across several tables and intermixed with the data from other templates. Am I out of luck on this one? Is there a good way to pick through and find all the right bits and add them to the live db?

Thank you,
Tim
I am sorry,Tim, but there is no straightforward way of doing this.
The import utility that ships with Couch won't be of any help as it is meant to migrate complete sites.
That's all right. I'll manage. It won't be too hard to bring the development site into sync, then migrate the whole thing.
3 posts Page 1 of 1