Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Okay within the user section of the admin panel i want to be able to add extra fields.

Ie. Your standard are username password and email. Now i wanted to add in extra fields that i then can show when the user logs in within the front end of the website. So then i can then show them within a sidebar. Can this be done?

Basic - I want to add custom user fields which can be shown front end.

Thanks
If you want to add this custom field to the existing user functionality, then you would need to perform edits to some of the core Couch files. Alternatively, if you are alright with creating another template for these custom fields, then you should be able to work something out. You could associate the cloned pages of this new template with the k_user_id of your existing user accounts. If you required front end editing of these fields by the user, then you could use databound forms.

Nevertheless, I have a user login implementation for Couch that I created for a recent project. It would be easier to customize and add more fields because it is based off a Couch-managed template. I have been meaning to make the code available on GitHub but I haven't yet had time.
Hi,

Which ever way would be suited. At the moment the accounts are just me and test accounts until we start on the full istore database. However for users I want extra information they can add which will show on their account.

So account type - standard/traders/PRO/administration ect.
Company name - so how the user who's registered it and the company name.

Over time I'd like to add in extra information but at this time that's all.

Ps. Like you would normally show user_k_id I'd like to show the extra fields. So when they login front end it'll show the details
Any updates guys?
I'll try make the code available by the end of the week.
5 posts Page 1 of 1