Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to install Couch on a GoDaddy server. I have modified the config.php file per the instructions and renamed the couch folder "admin" however when I go to the sites home page or the site/admin page, I get the installation required page. Shouldn't I only get that at /admin? And shouldn't my site still show up at the main site address without /admin?

Lastly, I cannot install. When I enter credentials and press install, I get nothing. The install button gets pressed down and remains that way indefinitely. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong on these two issues?
I have pressed install and the button has been pressed down for over an hour. How long does it normally take?
As someone who only installed it two days ago, it was almost instantaneous.

When I get home I will set it up once more on a different server and let you know
There are 10 types of people in this world ... Those who can count in binary and …
Thanks for the reply. There is surely a problem because I am going on two hours and the installation page is all I see after pressing install. I can't find any posts in the forum that appear to have shared the same issue so I am stuck. The database name, username and password are correct. I am using localhost for the host name. Is this the right host name? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi and welcome scooke,

I'm sorry to hear you are encountering problems installing Couch. The installation should only take at most a few seconds as MrBalloonatic stated. From past experience using GoDaddy shared hosting, the host name is usually not localhost. Could you please check in your hosting control panel that it does not specify a different host for your MySQL database (http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/39/viewing-your-databases-details)? Could you possibly pm me the website URL so I can see for myself?
I followed the instructions in the godaddy help desk article but I still don't see a different host. Does the URL I gave offer any clues?
The page would have displayed some type of message or error if an install was attempted. That leads me to believe the page didn't reload, so I suspect the problem you encountered was browser related.

Thank you for the URL. I was able to install without a problem and pm'd you the login details.
I am only just home and was about to see if I could help more, but it looks like cheesypoof got t sorted for you.

Now that it is working have fun with it :)
There are 10 types of people in this world ... Those who can count in binary and …
8 posts Page 1 of 1