Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
19 posts Page 1 of 2
hello - a quick question on the file upload limit for KCfinder (for images). I'm struggling to increase the limit on request from a client ...

I've tried everything of relevance referred to here http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7427&p=10861&hilit=upload+file+size#p10861

Just wondering if there's anything else that needs tweaking - nothing obvious to me in the couch/kcfinder folder ?
Have you checked the upload limit in your php.config file, I think this can also limit the allowable upload and is usually preset to something rather low.
There are 10 types of people in this world ... Those who can count in binary and …
hi Mr Balloonatic - good to see a new dynamic member of the forums!

I have uploaded a php.ini file to the root folder of the site with
Code: Select all
upload_max_filesize = 10M;
and can see that this has taken effect.

But I still get the error code -600 on uploading an image over 2MB - so I am guessing that something else needs changing.
Please check what your post_max_size is by using the following code:
<?php echo ini_get('post_max_size'); ?>
If this value is not higher than upload_max_filesize, then that may be the issue and would require adjusting. Increasing this too much though could make it possible for PHP to exhaust its memory_limit. Let us know how this works out. :)
thanks @cheesypoof ... it was 8M - I changed it to 12M via php.ini BUT unfortunately still get the upload error
I believe error 203 has to do with permissions of the file as to whether or not it can create new content in the directory … if you click the add folder button in the upload window, enter a name and click save, do you get the same error?

I don't know how to solve it yet but perhaps the file needs to have chown or chmod applied to it?
There are 10 types of people in this world ... Those who can count in binary and …
Yup a simple chown of all files in the couch/ directory fixed this for me

chown -R www-data.www-data couch/ 

I hope this helps you too :)
Hi potato,

Can you please post in the exact error string you get? (a screenshot will help as well).

Also, can you please switch to the old filemanager temporarily and see whether or not the error occurs with it too. Will help us pinpoint if the problem is with KCFinder or is more systemic.

Thanks.

P.S. If you happen to get an error with the old filemanager, please post in the exact error string you see for it too.
hi KK - some screenshots:

1. UPLOAD ERROR WITH KCFINDER - single image (not a gallery):
KCfinder upload error - not gallery.jpg
KCfinder upload error - not gallery.jpg (17.79 KiB) Viewed 6219 times

2 & 3. UPLOAD ERROR (parts 1 and 2) WITH KCFINDER - gallery:

KCfinder upload error part 1 - gallery.jpg
KCfinder upload error part 1 - gallery.jpg (29.07 KiB) Viewed 6219 times

KCfinder upload error part 2 - gallery.jpg
KCfinder upload error part 2 - gallery.jpg (29 KiB) Viewed 6219 times

I'll post again with the screenshot of the old filemanager upload error.

I've checked using
<?php echo ini_get('post_max_size'); ?>
<?php echo ini_get('upload_max_filesize'); ?>
and the settings are 12M and 10M respectively.
and here is a screenshot of the upload error using the old filemanager:

Old file manager upload error - not gallery.jpg
Old file manager upload error - not gallery.jpg (31.2 KiB) Viewed 6218 times

The image I was attempting to upload is 5,532KB.
19 posts Page 1 of 2