Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, first time on the forums, been using it for a couple of months, really impressed with couch so far! Suits my needs perfectly.
Anyway, my problem is this: I have been creating a couple of sites using couch 1.4 and kcfinder as the file manager. My problem is that the thumbnails are not displaying in the file browser the way they should.

I have checked, and there is a folder called .thumbs within the uploads folder, with an images folder inside that. All the images I have uploaded have relevant thumbnails (100x100) in that folder. They are just not displaying in the file browser! I know it can be done, because I have created another site, based on the couch cart tutorial, in which the thumbnails DO appear! I just can't figure out what the difference is between the sites...
(I've also tested in multiple browsers, so that's not an issue)

I'm sure it's something simple, that I probably managed to figure out when making the cart site, but I can't figure it out now!

Thanks in advance,
ewanmc
Hi ewanmc,

That sure is a strange problem.
Usually it is insufficient permissions that lead to such happenings. However, that doesn't seem to be the case here as the thumbnails do get created.

Anyways, I'd like to take a look at the problem myself.
Mind granting me temp access to your site?

Thank you.
Hi KK,
I have sent you a PM.
Cheers,
ewanmc
Hi,

Thank you for entrusting me with the creds.

The problem turned out that your server was having issue with the name of the folder used by KCFinder to store thumbnails.
By default the name is '.thumbs' - the dot in the name was tripping off the web-server.

There is a setting in kcfinder/config.php file to change the name of the folder.
I did that and everything seems to be working fine now.

Please verify and let us know.

Thanks.
Hi KK,
Yes, that has sorted it. I tested it on the other site I was having problems with, and that has fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated!
ewanmc
5 posts Page 1 of 1