Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I don't think this capability currently exists in Couch. What I would like to do is determine exactly where an excerpt ends. That is, instead of giving a character or word count, I'd like to say "when excerpting this text, end the excerpt right... here!" This way I can create an excerpt that comes to a meaningful conclusion rather than ending at some random place.

I believe that WordPress uses a special character or marker in the text to show where to end an excerpt for that text. Any suggestions or workarounds for accomplishing this?

*EDIT*
Sorry. I should have thought a little longer before asking this question. What I did was to create a new field in the template for the excerpt. This way I can specify exactly how I want the excerpt to look. It adds some clutter to the template, but gives the precision I'm after.
You are right, Tim. The functionality does natively exist in Couch.

My suggestion would be to use a separate editable region (say, named 'excerpt') and manually put into it the exact contents you'd like to show as excerpt.

As an alternative we could use raw PHP to accomplich things the Wordpress way but, I am afraid, I do not have any ready-made examples for that.

Thanks.
Thanks, KK. You have the fastest support on the internet. Despite the need for an additional field, I can imagine some distinct advantages to using this approach.
3 posts Page 1 of 1