Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller ;-)

So, I this nicedit tag in a repeatable, and even though I paste all text into an external text editor (no formatting at all - Sublime Text 2 for the curious ones), when I save the page, this happens:

Code: Select all
<span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: 'Open sans', 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; line-height: 20px;">bla bla pasted text here</span>

I can't figure out how the h*ll this happened. It could look like I've had some ugly formatted text (Microsoft Word) in the field earlier on, and then replaced it with plain text, not getting rid of all the previous formatting tags (spans in this case).
However, the 'Open sans' part of the tag suggests that it has something to do with Couch, since 'Open sans' is the custom font for the website, and doesn't exist in the original Word document.

Any suggestions to why this happens and/or how to fix it?

You can see the temporary site here: (Warning: Language is Danish)
http://fitforkids.dk.linux13.unoeuro-server.com/omffk/stiftelse-formal-legal.html

This stresses me out, because whilst it's a total pain to FireBug my way out of, I'm not guaranteed that it won't happen again, and worse yet - when I hand over the site to the client, there's no telling how bad he'll mess things up. :cry:
Hello and welcome kasperwf.
Good to have a long time listener finally call :)

As for the problem you mentioned -
the formatting doesn't look like to me what nicedit normally applies. Perhaps it really is something left behind from the previous raw MS Word content.

I suggest you please upgrade to Couch v1.4RC (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7713).

The reason for this suggestion is that in the new version, Nicedit has a 'view-source' button that will show us the exact HTML contained within it. Using it we can verify if there is indeed some spurious markup being carried forward.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Oh hay KK :D

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely (try to) upgrade tonight.

I'll be back! ;)

-Kasper
3 posts Page 1 of 1