Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am in the process of setting up CouchCMS for a multi-language website, but I have ran in to a snag.
I would like to use excerptHTML to limit the amount of content displayed on the blog list. Though this is working fine for English posts, it does not limit Japanese kanji. Japanese words do not have spaces between them, so counting spaces does not work. If I use cms:excerpt and set the count limit to 500, it works OK, but I lose all of the HTML formatting. Are there any other options to work around this issue?
Hello and welcome, bkemper :)

Unfortunately I have no experience whatsoever with Japanese so cannot promise if I'll be able to solve this one. However, if you could send me a sample UTF8 encoded text file with the text you inputted, the faulty output and also what should have been the right output I'll try and see if I can spot something.

Thanks.
Hello,
Thank you for your reply

I have attached the text sample and the excerptHTML and excerpt codes below (couldn't attach text file or pdf versions) and two screenshots: 1 of the non-working excerptHTML version and one of the excerpt version that works when truncate_chars is turned on, but doesn't have the HTML tags I am hoping for. If there is a quick hack available, I don't mind doing a bit of PHP coding :D

フットボールシドニーグループは、トムバイヤーの著名なテクニカルプログラムをシドニーに持ち込む。

T3インターナショナルとFootball Sydney Group(FSG)は、フットボールに草の根の指導者トム・バイヤーの国際的に称賛された技術的なトレーニング方法とオーストラリアの複数メディアへの配信をもたらす合意に署名することを今日発表しました。

T3インターナショナルの草の根フットボールの専門家、トム・バイヤーは「初めて技術的なプログラムを日本国外でとるためにFSGとパートナーシップを築くことに、我々は 興奮しています。」と、言いました。

トム・バイヤーは20年以上に及ぶ日本の経験を持ち、森山眞弓文部科学大臣や様々な国際的なコーチ及びサッカー界の権威たちに、日本の男子/女子代表チームへの功績を認められました。”我々はオーストラリアでFSGと共に草の根サッカー発展に多大な貢献をすることができると考えています”トム・バイヤーは言います。“私はオーストラリアが、アジアのサッカー大国の一つとして、地域でサッカー基準を強化し高めることに重要な役割を担っていると信じており、我々のプログラムはその目的を達成するために、いくつかの役割を果たすことを願っています。”

FSGは、シドニーのエリア全体に自分のプログラムを拡大するためのT3リソースとサポートを利用する予定です。近い将来は新たな学校のプログラムと専用の研修施設も含める予定です。

FSG Director、Ehsan Popalは「FSGは、草の根サッカー発展への類似した哲学のためにトム・バイヤーと協力しました」と、Ehsan Popalは言います。“ローカルシステムに供給し、技術的に有能な草の根サッカーの選手プールを高めるいくという私たちの理念は -トムも共有している- お互いのチームを結びつけました。マットシムと私は、コラボレーションを固めた最近の日本旅行でトムの教育方法論と哲学を体験するのに十分好都合でした。”

Ehasn Popalは“FSGはトムがシドニーを2013年8月31日に子供のためのイベントに参加のために訪問することを発表することに興奮している”と続けました。学生や親やコーチは、日本の子供世代がどのように技術力を向上させてきたかを間近で受け取ります。このイベントを基にして、近い将来にFSGプログラムにトムのトレーニング方法論を実施し、その上教材の範囲に両親/学生アクセスを与えます。

FSGディレクター マット·シムは“FSGが世界で最も高い評価と優れた経験を持つ草の根コーチと提携することは素晴らしいです。トム・バイヤーとT3にははっきりしている実績があります、そして、トムが残したすばらしい業績を見るために現在日本から出てきている技術的な男性と女性プレーヤー達を見なければなりません。トムのカリキュラムは、我々とって非常に有益でより多くのフットボー ル選手をつくる草の根環境の範囲内で年齢に関連したコンテンツを提供します。FSGのコーチングスタッフは、子供たちの技術力向上に役立つスマートフォンやDVDを含むマルチメディアのアプローチに習熟しています。エーサンと私の両方が非常にサッカーシドニーグループとT3との将来に興奮しています。”と述べた。

FSGはまたトム・バイヤーとFSGはSouth TarramattaのAulub Ovalにおいて2013年8月13日土曜日15:00~16:30に開催される無料クリニックの詳細を発表した。

---------------------------

<cms:do_shortcodes><cms:excerptHTML trail="&nbsp;(<a href=\"<cms:show k_page_link />\">read more..</a>)"><cms:show news_content /></cms:excerptHTML></cms:do_shortcodes>

----------------------------

<cms:do_shortcodes><cms:excerpt count="200" truncate_chars='1' trail="&nbsp;(<a href=\"<cms:show k_page_link />\">read more..</a>)"><cms:show news_content /></cms:excerpt></cms:do_shortcodes>

Attachments

3 posts Page 1 of 1