Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!

I've recently downloaded the CKEditor 4.2.2 update patch by cheesypoof from http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320

But I keep getting this JS error:
Cannot read property 'bold' of undefined

The error is triggerd on line: 11738 (Uncompressed) or 533 (Compressed) in the ckeditor.js file, which should look similar to this:
Code: Select all
d("Bold", a.bold, "bold", b.coreStyles_bold);

This outcome of this, is that CKEditor won't initiate as expected.
My site is running og the CouchCMS 1.3.5 platform, which came preinstalled with CKEditor 3.6.3 i think. I've been searching the entire forum, but cannot seem to find anyone who is experiencing the same issues as I am.

I don't know if this could help with anything, but the ckeditor.js is saved as UTF8 w/o BOM.

Any help is appriciated, thanks!
Hi and welcome @Plepzz,

I'm sorry you are running into this error, I have not encountered it before. Please clear your browser cache and try visit the admin panel again. Could you also state in which browser(s) and version(s) you are seeing this issue?

You may also want to try CKEditor 4.1.3 which is included in the Couch 1.4RC1 download: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7713
Hi Cheesypoof, thanks for the quick reply!

I've tried tried emptying the caches from the different browsers:

Platform OS X:
Safari 7 (Build: 9537.71)
Firefox 25.0.1
Chrome 31.0.1650.57

Platform Ubuntu 13.04:
Firefox 25.0.1

Platform Win 7:
Chrome 31.0.1650.57
IE 11

While trying the different browsers, I noticed something odd. It works flawlessly on Windows based system, but on the unix system, I keep getting the error.
This turned out to be an oddity of the local hosting configuration as @Plepzz reported the error did not crop up when everything was uploaded to a live server.
4 posts Page 1 of 1