Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I am in the planning stages of deploying Couch to our website and i have a question if i may.

We sell cars and the stock is always being added and removed, is there a way to add social media buttons like Facebook, Twitter for that vehicle only.

I would like each of my vehicles to have a unique share link for that page.

Sorry if this has been posted but i could not find anything on search.

Kind Regards
Hi Alex,

Assuming that each vehicle is represented by a cloned page, it can be uniquely identified by its name, id or link. I think these (most likely the link) can be used to create the unique share link you mentioned.

Perhaps the following thread would help - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2159

Finally, if you could post in the exact code for the social buttons you are using we'll be able to give a more definitive answer.

Thanks.
KK wrote: Hi Alex,

Assuming that each vehicle is represented by a cloned page, it can be uniquely identified by its name, id or link. I think these (most likely the link) can be used to create the unique share link you mentioned.

Perhaps the following thread would help - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2159

Finally, if you could post in the exact code for the social buttons you are using we'll be able to give a more definitive answer.

Thanks.

Hi KK,

Thanks for your very prompt reply.

Code example:
Code: Select all
<div class="fb-like" data-href="MY-CUSTOM-LINK" data-layout="box_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="false" data-colorscheme="dark"></div>

I would just replace the "MY-CUSTOM-LINK" link value with the k_page_link tag, correct?

Regards
Alex
Yes. I think the following should do it -
<div class="fb-like" data-href="<cms:show k_page_link />" data-layout="box_count" data-action="like" data-show-faces="true" data-share="false" data-colorscheme="dark"></div>
Hi,

Amazing, Thank you :)
Just another great thing about Couch :)
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
cholasimmons wrote: Just another great thing about Couch :)

This is indeed correct, i love it :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1