Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3785 bytes) in /home/a5756222/public_html/couch/parser/parser.php on line 793

thats what i get when accessing my website, after uploading all my web files + couch1.4.

Site Customer Care says:

Hello,
If you follow these suggestions then your site will run just fine without fatal error..

Fatal memory error is a hard limit and usually causes by your script or plugins that you install which exceeded the allowed memory for your site or missing file or corrupted file or your cache got corrupted.

You can try this fix, just add these lines to public_html/.htaccess

php_value memory_limit 128M

or remove all plugins to see if that error resolved after that.
Especially any plugins/extension that has to do with "cache", delete them!

Note:
If you tweak your site before please restore to the original files.
You might need to use file manager to edit your config file or phpmyadmin to access your database to disable plugin.

i tried the htaccess method, still cant access my site, as for the plugins/cache. i dont know of any...
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
Hi Simmons,

Couch, per se, is pretty frugal with its memory needs.
The test setup on which it is developed is set to use only 32M of memory (it can run even on 16M but I've chosen a more practical value to test against).

From the error message you are getting it is clear that PHP has been configured to use 128M of memory (134217728 bytes / 1024*1024). This is much larger than the required amount so it is strange why this could be happening.

Frankly, I have no idea what could be causing this - none of the couch addons consume this much amount.
Are you, by any chance, including some other PHP scripts?

As for the .htaccess method not having effect - it is because the value is already 128M.
Please try increasing the value in increments of 32M till the error disappears.

Keep us posted.
Thanks.
I increased the limit in couch/includes/timthumb.php to about 128M. I figured that's why I'm havin this problem so I cut it down to 64M and increased the php memory limit (in the .htaccess file) to 256 and even 512. This just resulted in a "over 10 second timeout". Whatever the error is its caused by or detected by parser.php.
I have a couple of javascripts but not embedded php scripts in my site, tha site worked offline at home and online on a free web server , donno why I'm given hell on this one. Still getting an error.
http://simmonsstudio.net

One other thing, I cleared the mySQL database and started afresh with a blank backend. But when I loaded index.php in the browser, logo.php popt up instead. The backend now shows two seperate but identical contact.php entries on the left, and two logo.php entries aswell. Awkward.
Could tha server be infected??
---
---
That is indeed weird.
I wonder if it has something to do with the site being hosted at 000WEBHOST.COM.

Anyways, could you grant me FTP + Couch access to your site please?
Let me have a look at what is going on.
Its definitely due to that fact, their customer care just informed me that maximum limit on PHP memory is 128M (free hosting only)
I reduced the limit in timthumb.php back to 50M, still nothing.
You have my permission KK. I have a backup of all the files and was only testing 000webhost services, feel free to do as u please with the existing data.

-----
EDIT
-----

I gave up on this matter and simply deleted all files from the server and cleared the MySQL database. After reinstalling couch and replacing all files, the site worked :)

I suspect something wrong with my internet connection or online FTP, something corrupted/didnt copy all required files...
---
---
5 posts Page 1 of 1