Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
hello ... I have a page showing 'Upcoming engagements' using the following
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='engagement-dates.php' order='asc'  limit=concert_limit show_future_entries='1' start_on="<cms:date format='Y-m-d' gmt='1' />" >

I noticed today that the live site is listing an engagement-dates.php page with a date in the past. This isn't happening on my local server and is resolved when I re-upload the template with a small change. I have switched on the cache in config.php and assume that this is the reason the correct listing of engagements will not work.

Is cache incompatible with date related selection criteria? i.e. do I have to switch cache off to get this working as intended?

Thanks!
Hi potato,

The way caching works, once a page gets dynamically generated, a static copy gets saved and then this static copy gets served for all further requests (until the cache gets busted by something getting modified from the admin-panel).

I think, that would explain why an (literally) outdated events page is being seen.

The solution would be to turn off caching selectively for only this events listing.
To do so, please place a <cms:no_cache /> tag in the view that generates the listing (placing it just above the cms:pages loop should do it).

Hope this helps.
Thanks KK, I've added the tag as you suggested. No upcoming events on the site for a week - but I'll check it out then to see all is OK!
3 posts Page 1 of 1