Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I started using this awesome CMS before 2 days, and i have some problem.

I have sidebar on the main page(index.php) and it must be editable, because this sidebar is changing every day, and i want this changes applying to other subpages (event.php, Recension.php etc...) the other solution is manually edit on every subpages this sidebar.

sorry for my english, i hope that you understand my problem :oops:

<div id="right_sidebar">
<h3 class="h3_title"> Title</h3>

<div class="list_of_concerts">
<cms:get_custom_field var='content' masterpage='index.php' page='my_test_page' />

<p >Lorem <br /> Friday 22.09.2013. </p>
<p >Ipsum<br /> Saturday 23.09.2013. </p>
<p >Lorem Lorem<br /> Monday 25.09.2013. </p>
</cms:editable>
</div>
Hi and welcome, misho86 :)

For editable regions that are used across several templates (as the sidebar in your case), we can utilize a separate template to hold this 'global' data.

For example, we can create a non-cloned template named 'global.php' and define an editable region named 'sidebar_contents' within it.
So this will be the single place where your client needs to make the daily changes.

To show the sidebar_contents on all other templates (event.php, Recension.php etc...), we can use the following statement -
Code: Select all
<cms:get_custom_field var='sidebar_contents' masterpage='global.php'  />

You can find a discussion on this topic in our tutorials -
http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -ends.html
under the 'Global values' heading.

Hope this helps.
Do let us know if you require any help.

Thanks
KK wrote: Hi and welcome, misho86 :)

For editable regions that are used across several templates (as the sidebar in your case), we can utilize a separate template to hold this 'global' data.

For example, we can create a non-cloned template named 'global.php' and define an editable region named 'sidebar_contents' within it.
So this will be the single place where your client needs to make the daily changes.

To show the sidebar_contents on all other templates (event.php, Recension.php etc...), we can use the following statement -
Code: Select all
<cms:get_custom_field var='sidebar_contents' masterpage='global.php'  />

You can find a discussion on this topic in our tutorials -
http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -ends.html
under the 'Global values' heading.

Hope this helps.
Do let us know if you require any help.

Thanks

tnx i will try this solution :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1