Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Experimenting with couch on my local machine, to get a grip on things. I'm using the image and thumbnail types and things are quite straightforward and nice. Here's my current issue.

Let's say, on a real world project, a client has uploaded several images for different pages via the CMS, and I've set the width to 400px for the editable image region. The client now finds the images too small and requests that the width be set to 600px. So I make that change in the template. By what I'm seeing, now the images do not resize to 600px because couch is not saving the original images, so it can't resize them to 600px. Is there a way to do this, or something I've overlooked? Would be pretty useful if this were possible, I reckon. Else I guess the client would have reupload the images?
Hi,

The way Couch currently works, the uploaded image is the very image that gets worked upon (i.e. resized, cropped etc.). That is to say, there is no copy of the original image retained anywhere.

Allow me to admit - given a chance to redesign the image/file upload functionality, I'll go for preserving the original somewhere. For now, unfortunately, uploading the images anew would be the only solution.
hmm.... it's not a feature that's a dealbreaker, but would be really nice to have. is this something you would consider looking at some point in the future?
It is not on our immediate roadmap but, yes, it is certainly a change that I'll implement sometime in the future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1