Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I use Dreamweaver to build websites for my clients but they needed a cms so i used couchcms, with the html dreamweaver site i built. i followed all the instructions and made all the "html" pages into "php" and uploaded all the files using ftp to my server. Everything was fine and couch was working great and then my client asked me to add a new footer link to the website so i downloaded just the website files from my server and used dreamweaver add the footer link. i then reuploaded just the website files back to the server and the site didn't look the same. The background wasn't showing and some images wasn't showing and the formatting got a little messed up. I'm sure this wasn't caused by just adding a footer link because i tried the same thing on another site and the same errors happened. Any Ideas?

do i need to reinstall couch after every update?
do i need to reinstall couch after every update?
Of course not.

so i downloaded just the website files from my server and used dreamweaver add the footer link. ..and the site didn't look the same.
I think it has got something to do with Dreamweaver messing up with Couch tags.
I suppose when you originally added Couch tags, you did so outside of Dreamweaver and that worked. However, when you re-edited the same Couch tags containing template using Dreamweaver, the problem surfaced. Right?

You said this happens consistently so let us test it out - create a new template with everything working well. Keep a backup of it. Use dreamweaver to make the changes that are known to cause problems and upload. If the problem appears, please send me the original (backedup) template and the one on the server that is not working and we'll compare both to see what is going wrong.

Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1