Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to couch cms.. i am now creating a cms with couch. I am using "wamp" server in my system

As in tutorial I invoke the cms by changing a html file to php file and given the cms invoking line in the php file..

But It still showing "No templates are being managed by the CMS."..

Please help anyone how can I solve this
Hello and welcome Saravana :)

The most probable reason for the problem you mentioned would be that, after making the changes, you are not visiting the template in your browser as super-admin.
The key concept here is that you need to use the same browser (another tab or another instance) in which you have the admin-panel open and you logged-in as super-admin.

If you follow the following steps *exactly*, everything should work fine -
This will work for all browsers for now we'll assume you are using Chrome.
1. Close *all* browsers.
2. Fire up Chrome.
3. In the browser opened above go to your Couch admin.
4. login as *super-admin*
5. Make the desired modifications to your template.
6. Now in another tab (or another instance) of *Chrome* go to your modified template (by typing in the templates URL in the address bar).
7. Come back to the admin opened in step 3 and hit refresh.
8. The modifications should be visible now.

Here is a small snippet that will help you in recognizing whether or not you are accessing a template as super-admin. Please place the following snippet somewhere in your template (preferably at the top where you can easily see it)
Code: Select all
<cms:if k_user_access_level ge '10' >
  <p><a href="<cms:admin_link />">EDIT</a></p>
</cms:if>

This will show you a 'EDIT' link only if you are a super-admin.
If this link is visible you can be sure that the modifications will take effect.

If you still have the same problem, maybe there is some error in the coding that is causing the execution to abend. Please visit the template and view-source the generated HTML to see if you can spot any error message.

Finally, if the problem persists, please PM me your site's FTP + Couch creds and I'll see if I can find something.

Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1