Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I just wanted to know if it is possible to customize or limit what a user can do. for example i created a administrator user for my client but i don't want him to be able to create other users. and is there a way to limit the tools on his ckeditor so that he can not add pictures. :?:

Thank you
Syn007 wrote: I just wanted to know if it is possible to customize or limit what a user can do.

I think the privileges are tied in, but you can customize.
Syn007 wrote: for example i created a administrator user for my client but i don't want him to be able to create other users.

Well, administrator is... uhm, well - a administrator, I'm pretty sure you have to set it lower to have a effect. Why won't you play around a bit, try setting up a account for yourself. I'm not sure about users, but you can hide some templates (only super-admin) can see it.
[/quote]
Syn007 wrote: and is there a way to limit the tools on his ckeditor so that he can not add pictures. :?:

You can use the type = 'nicedit'; Unlike 'richtext' that uses CKEditor - a full fledged Wysiwyg editor, 'nicedit' is somewhat limited in the wysiwyg features it offers but is perfect for situations where only basic HTML editing capability is required.

Or, you can adjust the CKEditor to your needs using;

toolbar

This parameter can be used to determine which buttons (and hence which actions) become available to the user in the toolbar above the editor. This helps in limiting the amount of freedom that you are prepared to grant the end user.

This parameter can take one of the following four values
basic
medium
full
custom

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='desc' label='Description'
    desc='Enter description of property here'
    toolbar='basic'
    type='richtext'/>

links below:

users and access control

type: nicedit

type: richtext

Please refer to documentation, it's well put together, and despite having weak search mechanisms, is well structured and can provide excellent learning opportunities.

Regards
Thank you,

very well written response, now i understand :D
3 posts Page 1 of 1