Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Can this be done ? I'm using a local test server for my site development but would like to send email trough the production server.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Hi,

The cms:send_mail tag internally uses PHP's inbuilt 'mail' function which is rather simple and does not allow the kind of functionality you wish.

Of course, we can always fall back upon raw PHP for anything not provided by Couch. So using an external PHP library (like phpmailer or swiftmailer) would let you send mails from an external SMTP server.

That said, if the reason for your request happens to be just examining if the email sent is properly formatted or not, that can be done by setting the 'debug' parameter of cms:send_mail tag to '1'. This will dump the output of every mail into a text file named 'log.txt' in the site's root (please see http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... _mail.html).

Hope this helps.
Hi kk,

Thanks for the reply, I did used the debug for testing. Anyhow I would like to use a more extended mail solution. I'm quite new to couch and so far as I could understand couch doesn't support module/extensions ... Is it the right approach to try to create a custom shortcode to easy insert an other mail function ?

Thanks again.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
so far as I could understand couch doesn't support module/extensions
Actually, it does :) All the modules you see in the 'addons' folder are extensions.
Couch supports creation of custom tags and custom editable regions. However, there is no documentation about those yet.

Is it the right approach to try to create a custom shortcode to easy insert an other mail function ?
That could be one way. Another would be to use PHP directly. Every Couch managed template is also a bonafide PHP script so we can use PHP code directly (e.g. using swiftmailer class without going through Couch).

Anyways, you said you'd like to use a more extended mail solution. Could you please let me know the exact features you are looking for? Perhaps I could fix up something for you.

Thanks.
Hi,

Maybe I wan't to much, from the beginning i was looking for a way to catch the mail on the back-end. Something like comments are being handled in couch or a ticket/email system.

As a in between solution I think I can handle your suggestion by using php- or swiftmailer and use this placing it in the addons folder (and calling it from kfunctions.php i suppose)

Can you inform me if couch supports a addons folder in my server folder ? so it would be protected from upgrade overrides.

BTW: Great stuff this couch.. well-documented, very capable support forum and easy to understand software.
i was looking for a way to catch the mail on the back-end. Something like comments are being handled in couch or a ticket/email system.
The very next version of Couch (1.4) will allow user-submitted content. Which, of many other things, will make it possible for you to easily save contact form submissions as regular cloned-pages of Couch.
I suppose that is what you are looking for. If so, please wait for just a few weeks more.

I think I can handle your suggestion by using php- or swiftmailer and use this placing it in the addons folder (and calling it from kfunctions.php i suppose)
Not necessary to place swiftmailer within addons folder. You can keep it in your main site and use regular PHP 'include' statement in the contact template to get it incorporated.

BTW: Great stuff this couch.. well-documented, very capable support forum and easy to understand software.
Thank you very much :) I am glad you liked it.
Hi,

I'm back on this issue again.

The very next version of Couch (1.4) will allow user-submitted content. Which, of many other things, will make it possible for you to easily save contact form submissions as regular cloned-pages of Couch.
I suppose that is what you are looking for. If so, please wait for just a few weeks more.

Is there a date set for the release of 1.4 ?

Greetings
Hopefully end of this month :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1