Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone!

I am fairly well versed with CSS but adding Couch CMS (which is Amazing btw) into the mix is messing with my css and I cant figure out how to correct it. See my page here:

http://preview.killdeercreative.com/property-grid.php

The top 4 listings have Couch editable regions for the client and the bottom 4 I haven't added yet. As you can see the editable regions w/couch are changing the position of my 'Read More' button. I need it to look like how it does currently without couch editable regions. Any input out there?

Thanks in advance!!
Hi,

The following portion of your code has nested (double) <UL> elements.
Code: Select all
<ul class="box_text">
    <ul>
        <li><span class="left">Beds: </span><span class="right"> 2</span></li>
        <li><span class="left">Baths: </span><span class="right">1</span></li>
        <li><span class="left">Type: </span><span class="right">Condo</span></li>
        <li><span class="left">Built in: </span><span class="right">2006</span></li>
    </ul>
</ul>

This is not found in your original code and is the cause of the problem you see.
Please review the way you are using output from editable regions.

Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this still isn't making sense to me when you say "Please review the way you are using output from editable regions." could you give me some more detail.

The nested UL code seems to be working fine apart from when I add in the editable stuff so Im not sure my the cms code is messing it up - this is probably really simple but im completely lost.
The nested UL code seems to be working fine apart from when I add in the editable stuff

Can you please try hard-coding a nested UL in your template? I am sure it'll display the same problem.

Your original code does not have these nested ULs so neither should the Couch generated HTML have them - unless, of course, you have one set of UL in the template and another is being inputted from the editable region. This is what I meant by reviewing how the region is being used.

Anyways, can you please post in the exact template code where you are using the editable region?
Also the exact contents of the region form the admin-panel will be helpful.

Thanks.
Oh man - I'm an idiot. I just realized what you're talking about. Its all fixed now. Thank you for all your help!!
You are welcome :)
ugh on this note - can you take a look at my url again - now my numbers are showing up all scaled and not aligned right. Any ideas?
This time around, some extra <P> elements are being inputted
<li><span class="left">Beds: </span><span class="right"><p>2</p></span></li>

where the original was
<li><span class="left">Beds: </span><span class="right"> 2</span></li>

See, it seems you are using 'richtext' editable region where ideally just 'text' should suffice.
Judiciously used, the editable regions will not allow the user to input anything that would break the markup.

*Please* post here the part of your template where you are using the output of the region.
Perhaps I'll be able to suggest a better way of structuring things.

Thanks.
changing from rich text to just text fixed it! You are the best. Do you like coffee (starbucks perhaps?) I wanna send you something for helping me out so much! PM your email if you are a coffee drinker.
Glad to be of help :)
16 posts Page 1 of 2