Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have set my site's index.php file with the following

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Index' hidden='1' />

But I see it's still displayed on the admin panel left menu, although it is crossed out like the attached image. Any way to totally hide it? Thank you!

Attachments

hi couchcmsfan, if you are logged in as superadmin you will see the 'hidden' template with a line through. If you are logged in as non-superadmin you will not see it at all!
potato wrote: hi couchcmsfan, if you are logged in as superadmin you will see the 'hidden' template with a line through. If you are logged in as non-superadmin you will not see it at all!

Okay, thanks for the tips! That makes sense, so super admin will know which template is assigned to Couch.
There seems to be one problem I'm having after hiding the Index template. Even if the template is hidden, Admin users who login are directed to the index page first.

In the screenshot an admin is logged into the backend, and even though the Front Page (index.php) is hidden on the sidebar, the page they are seeing after login is Front Page.

Screen Shot 2014-08-31 at 2.31.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-31 at 2.31.53 PM.png (37.13 KiB) Viewed 2119 times

Is there any way to change this?
Hi samnovak,

That is a known issue. As a workaround please set the hidden template's 'order' parameter of cms:template tag to a high number (so as to move it down the order among the templates listed in sidebar).

Hope this helps.
5 posts Page 1 of 1