Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
My client has requested that the initial page within their gallery (just the list of folders) be paginated. They would like for only the top 4 folders to be shown on the first page with paging icons at the bottom. I am using this for viewing the actual photos but have found no way to do this on page which simply lists out folders.

Is this possible?

Thank you!
Hi and welcome to our forums.

Regarding the use of pagination with folders listing, I'm afraid but that is not available (as of now) with folders.
Dear KK Sir,

Can we paginate folders now?

Regards,
Aashish
GenXCoders
where innovation meets technology
We can paginate pages only, but what stops us from paginating of folders, repeatables and other arrays using <pages> paginator? I suppose only that it's not an absolutely clean solution. But it's possible)

For example, set page_counter_param = 0 and set allfollders_param with "all folders" value (for example, 12), by using cms:folders tags with a help of counter.
Then define a counter_param = 0 and use cms:pages with limit=allfollders_param and pagination. Inside it use cms:folders with condition of counter_param=page_counter_param and inside it your clear cms:pages [folder=k_folder_name].
Finally, in the end of the loops cms:incr counter_param and page_counter_param.

I suppose that it's not as easy as I described and may require creating an additional template...
There are also a lot of possibilities that I have in mind, starting from using relations and Extended folders for grouping folders to pure JS solutions (I suppose they are the most easy and clean, so personally I would use JS for this task).
Also a neat solution is to use <cms:gpc method='get' /> to ask a string of what folders to display. Yes, I suppose this solution is even better than JS!

So, it's possible, but not "out-of-box" and requires deep knowledge of CMS or JS.
Perhaps we could also use JS to do this? -
https://github.com/wesnolte/Pajinate/wiki
5 posts Page 1 of 1