Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I try to install this cms on 2 different hosting,
but in every host i have an error.

In the first host i find this message :
"403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!"

In the second host i find this:
"Errore del server
Si è verificato un errore nel sito web durante il recupero di http://test.ideolink.com/Aurelius/couch/. Potrebbe non essere disponibile per manutenzione o essere configurato in modo errato.
Ecco qualche suggerimento:
Ricarica questa pagina web più tardi.
Errore HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error): Si è verificata una condizione imprevista durante il tentativo del server di soddisfare la richiesta."

thanks
Hi and welcome pakkiodj.

I am so sorry you've had to face these installation problems.

In all probability one of the following two reasons could be the cause of 500 Internal server error -
1. IonCube loader is either not installed on the server or is improperly configured.
2. The server's configuration has a problem with the .htaccess file present in 'couch' installation folder.

You can easily try rectifying the second probable cause by deleting the mentioned .htaccess file.
As for the IonCube being installed, you'll have to ask your web host regarding this.

If you wish, you can send me your site's FTP creds and I'll see if there is anything I could do to get it working.

Thanks.
Thanks,
I ask assistance for the Ioncube Loader, but i have a macbook pro and i don't find the .htaccess files.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot
Help me, please.

Alternatively someone could recommend a hosting courch?

Thanks a lot
Hi,
i have a macbook pro and i don't find the .htaccess files.

The FTP client you are using should have a setting to show/hide hidden files.

Alternatively someone could recommend a hosting courch?

couchcms.com runs on Bluehost. Haven't had any problems with it and can recommend it without hesitation.

Finally, almost all the hosts do support IonCube. It is just that the installation process varies. I said that earlier and will repeat - please PM me the CPanel/FTP details of whatever host your are on. Let me see if I can troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.
Thank you for entrusting me with your site's credentials.

I had a look and the problem was that all the unzipped folders/files of Couch had 777/666 permissions (world writable) instead of the more secure 755/644 (happens when you choose to upload the installation zip via cpanel and then extract the files on the server).

Some hosts (notably Bluehost) refuse to execute files with such permissions.
This has been documented at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7315. The mentioned post also contains a script to set the permissions automatically.
I've used it to rectify the issue.

Please go ahead and complete the installation.
Do let us know if you happen to require any help in working with Couch.

Thanks.
Thank you very much. Tomorrow I try to finish the installation. Then I have to reload all files with the correct permissions? And after enough 'go http://mysite.com/couch? Thanks again
You are welcome :)
You'll only have to set the permissions when you upload the installation zip and extract its contents (and that too only if your server complains).
8 posts Page 1 of 1