Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
21 posts Page 1 of 3
Hi,

Just started using CouchCMS for a very basic website and I've run into problems with my first converted page.

I followed the tutorial closely and everything went smoothly. I created two editable areas on my first page (index.php) and the CK Editors appeared in the CouchCMS admin area.

However, it will not save any changes I make to the content. Firefox (v20) isn't reporting any javascript errors either. I make my changes, click Save at the bottom and the page refreshes and displays the original content.

I changed the editable regions from richtext to nicedit and that editor saved my changes without a problem, likewise textarea worked.

Any one have any ideas why CKEditor cannot save the changes made?

I also tried updating CKEditor to v4 (using details from elsewhere on this forum).
Hi and welcome :)

Would it be possible for you to grant me FTP/Couch access to your site please?
I'd like to take a look at the problem myself.

Thanks.
I've PM'd the details to you. Let me know what you find.

Oh, the homepage has been set up with CKEditor.
Thanks.

I had a look and I can make the changes from my machine (please see the home page where I've taken the liberty of adding a new item to the first column).

Could you please let me know your local machine's setup? I suspect you are on a Windows 7 machine because I've had one solitary report of such happening before.
In that case, Chrome and FF were displaying this problem but IE and Safari were fine (mind you - it was only on one desktop that it was happening. Everywhere else it worked fine).
Could you please check if this is true in your case too?

Thanks.
I'm using the following setup:

Windows 8 Pro x64
FireFox 20

I don't have or use Safari (can't stand it). I will try Chrome and IE. I wonder why Win7/8 would have the problem.
The previous report I mentioned had a Windows 7 x64.
Not sure but the x64 is a common factor between the two incidences.
I can confirm that IE10 has no problems saving. I don't really use IE. I wonder why FireFox is having a problem. I'll have to try disabling some plugins and see if any of those are causing the problem.
Can members of our community using Windows 7/8 64bit please check and let us know if CKEditor when used with FF/Chrome works for them?
Will help us know if this is an isolated incidence or happens on all such setups.

Thanks.
I've just tried the same on another computer I use (almost same specs) and that is also failing to save changes in FireFox.
Found the cause. StickPassword (or Kaspersky Password) FireFox (Chrome) extension is the cause. I'm trying to work out if there are any settings that can be changed to get this to work with CKEditor.

I use StickyPassword all the time so I can't do without it.
21 posts Page 1 of 3