Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

I have a problem that when I use the image tag I am able to upload an image in the admin panel ok but the Browse Folder will not then display any contents - it just looks like the folder is empty. I have checked the uploaded images are in the folder, which they are after the upload, and I have also tried putting images into the image folder through ftp. I have even tried creating a new folder completely and pointing phpconfig to that folder. However, whatever I do I can upload images ok but can never see anything in the folder using Browse Folder... I have searched the forum but couldn't find anyone having the same problem - anyone got any ideas???

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil,

I've had one such report before and the problem in that case seemed to appear only on IE.
Could you please let us know the browser you are using?
Also if you could please try some other browsers and let us know if the problem is general or specific to only a particular browser.

Thanks.
Hi

Of course - should have guessed... it was the weekend though and I was getting tired. Yes - this only occurs on IE9/10. All other browsers I can test - FF, Chrome and Safari - are all OK. If I use the IE compatibility mode though then the Browse Folders does work OK on IE too - although the top right menus on the admin page end up vertical but that isn't a big thing...

Thanks for getting back with the suggestion - I assume this may be fixed in a future release - it won't cause a major problem for my client at the moment.

Phil
Thank you very much for the confirmation, Phil.

Wonder if you could please try out a fix mentioned here -
viewtopic.php?p=11015#p11015

The problem reported in the above mentioned thread is not exactly the same as that of yours but somehow I suspect that the underlying cause is the same for both these cases.
Would appreciate if you could try making the changes and let us know if it helps.

Thanks.
Hi

I have been looking at this a bit further (I was under some pressure to complete the client site when I came across the problem before). The problem only appears to impact IE10. My development system had just updated to IE10 when I came across this. In IE9 I have now confirmed that there is not a problem.

Your reply therefore looked promising for IE10, but unfortunately having made the change it does not solve the problem in IE10 (and also after making this change the workaround of using compatibility mode in IE10 then doesn't work either). So it is definitely an IE10 issue only, so hope that a resolution can be found over the coming months.

Best Regards

Phil
the file you have to edit to make it work in IE10 is located at

couch/includes/fileuploader/browser/js/fckxml.js

just follow the instruction here http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/9942#comment:14

then it is working
Hi

Thanks for the additional info - but yes - that was the file I edited (worked out it was in a different place) as per the instructions in the thread - but it didn't resolve the issue for me - did a complete cache delete etc. just to make sue all was cleared out between changes too. After editing I then found that I couldn't "workaround" by using compatibility mode, so the change was definitely done - so had to put it back to where what it was.

I am running Windows 7 and IE10 (Windows 7 has just updated itself with IE10) so wonder if it is the combination of these rather than Windows 8 / IE 10 which maybe what the fix referred to?

Phil
im working on win 7, 64bit, and the fix is working
Having the same problem, but across all browsers. Have tried the fix, but didn't work. Using Couch 1.3.5.

This is what getting in the browser: http://cl.ly/image/2g3m1B342517
Works on the localhost, but not in the production.

No idea why. Might be a permission problem?
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I am having this problem too but I don't see a solution posted yet. Anyone been able to fix this yet?
11 posts Page 1 of 2