Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I cant seem to figure this out. I have gotten as far as installing everything and getting templates to show up but I cant seem to figure out how to 'Upload' from local machine.

I'm working on a Real Estate site and I defined the area and dimensions for the picture but when I go to the template in Couch I can only "Browse Server" and not upload from a Local Machine. I feel like this is very basic but I cant fix it. Here are some screenshots. Thanks anyone for help - much appreciated!

Hello and welcome :)

To upload images from local machine, please click the 'Browse server' button highlighted below
scr1.png
scr1.png (13.72 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

A pop-up window like the following should appear
scr1b.png
scr1b.png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

Click the button highlighted as '1'. In the dialog-box that appears select the image to be uploaded from your local system.

Click the button highlighted as '2' to upload the image to the server.

The uploaded file should appear in the area highlighted as '3'.

Finally, click on the uploaded file's name. The pop-up will close and the image's name will appear in the editable region.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Thanks for your reply!

The problem is I don't see those options. This is what I see:

Hi,

From the looks of it, it seems some required files for the upload component are missing from your installation.
I suggest you please download fresh setup files (http://www.couchcms.com/products/) and simply overwrite the existing files with the downloaded ones.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks.
Thank you so much for your quick response - you are awesome. I reinstalled and the button for upload now appears! But now I'm getting a missing folder error when I try and upload from my computer. I'm assuming this has something to do with my config.php? Thanks for any additional assistance!

That seems to be a PHP configuration problem.
The temporary folder used by PHP to hold uploaded files is either missing or does not have write permissions.

To troubleshoot it, please place the following statement somewhere at the top in any of your templates
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Accessing the template will show the current configuration of PHP.
Find the string upload_tmp_dir.
It holds the path to the temp folder. Confirm that the folder show exists and has proper file permissions.

As an aside, if you happen to be on a Windows machine I suggest you use the portable version of Couch (available from our download page). It has everything preconfigured and you'll be spared all the hassle of configuring stack components.
Hi KK - thank you for all your help! I feel bad but I have another quick question. I'm on a mac so I cant use the portable version. I checked what folder its directing to and I see the following:

I cant seem to figure out where to even locate this file - would it be easier for me to just change that location to something else like an 'images' folder within the site. Would I just change this in the PHP.INI file? Sorry for my annoying questions but your responses are very much appreciated!
Hi,

All your questions are most welcome :)
It is me who is sorry that you have to face all these issues (normally everything is a fairly smooth affair).

Replying to your query -
Yes, I think you can certainly change the tmp folder's location by editing the php.ini file.
Just take care of two things -
1. That you are editing the php.ini which is being used by the web-server (phpinfo's output shows you the path of the php.ini in action).
2. That you restart the web server for the changed php.ini to take effect. The folder specified by you should appear as the new tmp folder.

Finally, I'd just like to assure you that I am sure you'll not encounter any of these issues once you move to a proper hosted server (as your host would have already taken care of all these trivia).

Hope this helps. Thanks again for your perseverance.
8 posts Page 1 of 1