Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My client needs a CMS integrated into their website for easy editing and I found your site on Google and decided to give it try. I followed the Couch CMS installation instructions perfectly, but I kept getting a blank white screen when trying to open the Admin page. I then found a post in this forum saying the blank white screen was probably because IonCube wasn't installed. So I contacted my server Admin and he was able to install IonCube..

So now, the Admin page pulls up no problem. It prompted me to enter a new Super-Admin username, password, password confirmation, and my email. I entered all this info and clicked on Submit. I then received the confirmation page asking me to login with the credentials I just submit. But everytime I try to login, it keeps saying, "Invalid username or password". I tried multiple times & keep getting the Error. Ok, so I try clicking on the, "Forgot you Password" link & the homepage of my site loads?

Couch CMS really sounds promising amongst all the other CMS crap out there. Can you please assist?

Thank you.
Dave

*Also - I was able to login into my database via PhpMyAdmin, and I DID see the Super-Admin username that I originally submit in the correct Db table.
Hi and welcome jax0n.

The problem you are describing is pretty strange.
While it is possible that the password you are inputting is incorrect, the 'Forgot password' link should nevertheless work.

Let us try the following -
Since you can access the database, please try deleting all the tables created by Couch and accessing the admin-panel. This will repeat the installation process. Please keep a special note of the password this time.

Hopefully, the login should work fine this time.
In case, the problem crops up again, then there is certainly something amiss. Please feel free to PM me your site's access creds and I'll login to try and see what is going wrong.

Thanks.
Thank you for the creds.

I had a look at the site and it seems you have somehow managed to delete the original 'index.php' and replace it with the '_index.php' (the 'decoy' version that always says 'Invalid Password or Username') :)

I have put in the correct index.php and everything seems to be back to normal.
Please test and confirm.

Thanks
3 posts Page 1 of 1