Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I get the error '[an error occurred while processing this directive]' after attempting to migrate a couch-driven site I just worked on from my local server to a test production server.

I followed the migration process outlined in the documentation, and I have ioncube setup on my server. The error notice comes up every time I try to access a couch template file or the admin area. As such I've not been able to run the installation process on the server.

Could you please advise on possible reasons for this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome :)

Could you please let us know the PHP version running on your production site?
We seem to be getting reports of IonCube not working well with PHP higher than 5.4.3.
If this be the case with your site, I suggest you try moving to a lower version of PHP.

If, however the PHP version is OK, please take a look at the error log of your web server (can be accessed from your CPanel or its equivalent). We'll get the definitive answer there.

Keep us posted.
Hi. Thanks for the response.

I run PHP version 5.2.17 and there appears to be no significant error records about the situation.

In a rather interesting turn of events, I ran an independent database connection php script in the root folder where I have the site files and the couch folder. After this, I loaded the home page file (index.php) of the uploaded site (which up till now had returned the same '[an error occurred while processing this directive]' error notice, I assume because of the included couch template tags). On loading this page, I get the couch installation interface, but without the couch logo loaded. So, I tried loading the couch folder (which I had renamed to admin/) but got the same error message again.

At this point I went back to my site's homepage, which was loaded again with the couch install form. I filled in the requested parameters - super admin name, password, email, etc - and couch installed successfully. This point was validated by the fact that when I visited the home page again after the installation (the home page itself is a couch template), I got my full page rendition, complete with the content I had input for the editable regions I created while working on my local machine. Obviously, the site migration process outlined in the documentation worked fine.

Problem now is, I still cannot access the couch admin panel through the browser. I get the same error notice every time I load the url leading to the couch directory. I put an independent php script in this folder designed to provide an output to the browser on execution and tried to load it but I still have the same error notice. I deleted the .htaccess in the couch (admin) directory, but even this did not help.

I could use some more advice at this point...

Thanks again in advance.
I put an independent php script in this folder designed to provide an output to the browser on execution and tried to load it but I still have the same error notice.

Your observation suggests that the problem does not concern Couch directly and has more to do with your server's configuration.
Did you take a look at the web server's error log? It could give us some solid lead.

If you wish, you can PM me your CPanel's creds and I'll try to see if I can find something.
Hello again.

I have finally been able to resolve the situation. It turns out the problem was caused by hidden resource files generated by my computer (a Mac OSX) and which I unwittingly uploaded to the server along with the original files. The hidden resource files duplicate the filenames of the orignal file and have the characters '._' prepended. I suppose these files cause some error of sorts on the Linux server.

I deleted all my server files, cleaned up my local folder, and uploaded the original files back to the server. My installation works fine now.

Thanks for the help.

*I hope this post helps someone with a similar problem in the future. I understand how frustrating it can be dealing with such.*
I am glad the problem is resolved.
Thank you very much for sharing the solution (I must say, this is the first time I am coming across such a scenario). I am sure this will help somebody some day :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1