Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
i have moved my files to the production server and i'm having a problem with ionCube. the wizard says that every thing is working fine, but i'm getting the fallowing error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

the database is running and phpmyadmin can connect to it. so i'm not sure whats going on.

also if i go to /couch/install.php and run the install script, nothing happens just a blank page. which would indicate that ionCube is not working at the folder level. the wizard script indicated that i might have to copy the php.ini to every folder that has ionCube encrypted files.

now my question is, which folders have ionCube encrypted files? and why am i getting: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' error?

any help would greatly appreciated.
Hi,

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' is not an IonCube error. Rather, it is a database problem.
Seems the database name, host, user, password info that you put in Couch's config file is not correct.

Please contact your hosting provider to send you the proper database creds. phpMyAdmin also displays this information on the very first page (right sidebar, I think) so, alternatively, you can try and get it from there.

Do let me know if you require assistance with this.
Thanks.
@kk, thanx for the tip. i knew that the database was not connecting, but i thought it might have been the ionCube, due to the white install page. but i had another look and found that the production server isn't using localhost for the db, but a dedicated domain name. i've changed it to the domain mane and now everything works fine.
3 posts Page 1 of 1