Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
23 posts Page 2 of 3
Having troubles with the tutorial sample app and host http://fortrabbit.com
When trying to create a new blog post or add a new portfolio from admin panel getting the 500 error.
Logs are the following:
Code: Select all
[Tue May 21 16:25:10 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server "/var/www/web/matryoshka/.ctrl/php/couch/index.php" aborted: read failed
[Tue May 21 16:25:10 2013] [error] [client x.x.x.x] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/var/www/web/matryoshka/.ctrl/php/couch/index.php"

Server is running PHP5.4. No way to downgrade to 5.3/5.2. The host itself is pretty modern and innovative, would be great to resolve the issue.
Any idea where to look for a solution?
Hi and welcome websirnik :)

Your web host would be the one to provide a definitive answer to this problem as it seems to be related to the way the server is configured.

In the meanwhile could you please use the utility available in the following post and verify that your file/folder permissions are correct?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7315

Thanks
KK wrote: In the meanwhile could you please use the utility available in the following post and verify that your file/folder permissions are correct?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7315

Have just run this script. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.

I've figured out that the problem is with 'richtext' input. Changing input to 'nicedit' solves the problem. Found a topic about upgrading CKEditor, tried to upgrade to 3.6.6.1, error persist.
Than you for letting us know.

Wonder if it'd be possible for you to grant me FTP/Couch access to your site?
I'd very much like to see what is going wrong. Please PM me the creds if it is ok with you.

Thanks.
Hi websirnik,

Please ignore the request in my last post.

I can confirm now that indeed using CKEditor with PHP 5.4 (5.4.11 is the version I could duplicate the issue on) is causing the error.
And, yet again, it is only the IonCube encoded version that displays this problem - the unencrypted version runs just fine.

As perhaps you might have read on our forum, we are removing the encryption with the release version 1.3.5. This bug report makes it even more urgent to push out the said version.

It has been a practice with us to coincide the final release of one version with the RC of the next version (the under-development v1.4 in this case). However, for this version it seems the time has come to simply go with the final release.

It shouldn't be long now. In the time being, I'm afraid you'll either have to downgrade your PHP version (which, you have stated, is not possible) or temporarily use nicedit instead of CKEditor till the final version ships out.

Thanks.
Thanks KK.

I get the same error, when I have nested pages turned on and trying to add a new page or to update an existing one. There is no CKEditor in this scenario, just simple text inputs.
I think IonCube has just lost it with PHP 5.4 :(
Anyways, as I said, it is just a matter of a few more days now.

I really am sorry you have to face these problems. Most hosts do allow to downgrade to even 5.2 exactly for such reasons. Please try asking your host if they can do this for you.
It's ok. I can wait a few more days :)
Thank you :)
hi ... great that Ioncube will soon no longer be an issue (it has often been a taker-up-of-time for me on implemention of a new site). I don't want to pester you when you are clearly working away on the new release - but when you say a few days time - is that likely to be this week? I'm about to commence a new site and would love to use 1.4!
23 posts Page 2 of 3