Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I think Couch CMS is a fantastic package and very easy to work with but I have a problem when trying to upload and link to PowerPoint (.pptx) or Word template (.dot or .dotx) files.

If I browse to the file on my desktop and select upload there is a short pause and then I get a message saying Invalid File. The file is only small and all other file types seem to work fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Marcus
Hello and welcome Marcus :)
I am glad you liked Couch.

As for the problem you mentioned -
please find the following file in your 'couch' installation folder:
/includes/fileuploader/config.php

Find the following line in the file and add the extensions of the type of files you want to upload:
$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File'] = array('7z', 'aiff', 'asf', 'avi', 'bmp', 'csv', 'doc', 'fla', 'flv', 'gif', 'gz', 'gzip', 'jpeg', 'jpg', 'mid', 'mov', 'mp3', 'mp4', 'mpc', 'mpeg', 'mpg', 'ods', 'odt', 'pdf', 'png', 'ppt', 'pxd', 'qt', 'ram', 'rar', 'rm', 'rmi', 'rmvb', 'rtf', 'sdc', 'sitd', 'swf', 'sxc', 'sxw', 'tar', 'tgz', 'tif', 'tiff', 'txt', 'vsd', 'wav', 'wma', 'wmv', 'xls', 'xml', 'zip') ;

Do take care to use the proper PHP syntax.
Hope this helps.
Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Worked perfectly - many thanks for your help! :D
:?:
I must be missing something here...

Fairly new to Couch but programming for years in PHP, java, jquery etc...

but I have looked everywhere to find out how I can insert a PDF file into an editable region just like I browse and insert an image or flash file.

Can someone help me find my way here?

I have a client who wants to insert PDF flyers in spots of the site to announce events and sales etc...

any help is much appreciated!
john
Hi John,

There are two ways you could allow your client to insert a PDF (or any other file) in a webpage -
1. Use editable region of type 'file' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... /file.html)
2. Insert directly in contents of CKEditor (editable region of type 'richtext').

I think probably you meant to ask about the second method.
This is how we do it -
1. Select the text in CKEditor that will link to the PDF file (marked as 1 in image below)
1.png
1.png (9.85 KiB) Viewed 11209 times

2. Click the 'Link' button (marked as 2 in image above)
3. In the dialog box that opens up, click 'Browse Server'
2.png
2.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 11209 times

The regular Couch' file explorer will open up allowing to upload/select files.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

I will try this...
and get back to you if I need anything else.

Thanks again!
john
Hello,

before starting a new thread I thought my request might fit in here and may get some attention.

I implemented CouchCMS to a website and built a section that has a HTML5 background video running. There's the possibility to upload a mp4 file and for fallbacks a webm file. The mp4 upload works fine, but when I try to upload a webm file CouchCMS fires an alert that says:

videoname.webm: Denied file extension.

I already added the extension to the fileuploader/config.php but still get the same error message.

What did I miss here?
@carachas, the problem persists because now Couch uses a different file-manager (KCFinder) and so it is a different config file that would need to be modified.

Please see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8405&p=26909#p26909
That post has a config file attached. Please use it to replace the existing 'couch\includes\kcfinder\config.php' file of your installation and you should now be able to upload webm files.

Hope this helps.
8 posts Page 1 of 1