Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello KK!
or if anyone else who has used multipage form that Kamran wrote lately...

I know I ask lot lately, but as I go on with the from, questions come...

So, it seems, that
Code: Select all
<cms:show k_success />

shows only the values from the last step...

I could of course call manually all the submitted values, one by one, but I wonder if there is a way to show all values with something like this, all at once with just that line? Maybe I need to add something?

Another question is, about LF (\n), and the text I want to send within cms:send_mail Tag upon successfully submitting the form. Should every line after 70 characters end with \n?

I have tried this with a sentence that was 100 characters long, and i used no separator, and all was fine when I received the test mail.
In the real web page, I would like to add a quiet long text (AGB) and I wonder if I should do this separation for all lines?

thanks in advance and best regards

Tanja
Hi Tanja,

A multi-step form, of say 3 steps, is in fact is composed of 3 separate forms. Each form on its submission sets the k_success variable that, understandably, contains values of only that form's fields.

So when you print out k_success after the final step you are actually showing the values of the last submitted sub-form. This is the expected behaviour if we see the multi-step-form being composed of discrete sub-forms.

However, as you know, the the individual values of each sub-form are retained and can be retrieved any time by using the name of the field.

Hope this answers the question.
Hello Kamran,

ok, thanks for the explanation...

yes, I´ll then retrieve values with frm_name

thanks a lot

Tanja
3 posts Page 1 of 1