Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Few issues, okay i have couch installed on my website twice because i'm currently running two websites on one server.

So they are installed within folders

AM/Admin
OP/Admin

Now i have created some pages for couch to run. This is in AM/news and is a index.php clone page, works fine, however the news_list.php page comes back as blank. I have tried to also create a page where i can dump all the news articles in called news.php and used the masterpage code

Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='news/index.php'  >content in here</cms:pages>

The header code for the index.php page is

<?php require_once( '../Admin/cms.php' ); ?>

<cms:embed 'news_list.php' />
</cms:if>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

Yet when i install the page within Admin/Snippets news_list.php it shows a blank page. I have gone and done the gen_htaccess.php yet still showing blank.

Options +Indexes +FollowSymlinks -MultiViews
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it RewriteBase /subdomain1/subdomain2
RewriteBase /

#If you wish to use a custom 404 page, place a file named 404.php in your website's root and uncomment the line below.
#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it ErrorDocument 404 /subdomain1/subdomain2/404.php
#ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

#If your site begins with 'www', uncomment the following two lines
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

#DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS

RewriteRule ^news/index.php$ "news/" [R=301,L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteRule . - [L]

#news/index.php
RewriteRule ^news/.*?([^\.\/]*)\.html$ news/?pname=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^news/([1-2]\d{3})/(?:(0[1-9]|1[0-2])/(?:(0[1-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])/)?)?$ news/?d=$1$2$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^news/[^\.]*?([^/\.]*)/$ news/?fname=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^news/[^\.]*?([^/\.]*)$ "$0/" [R=301,L,QSA]
</IfModule>
Hi Simon,

Difficult to tell what the problem could be by looking at the code you posted. Nothing seems wrong with that (assuming you have pasted only a portion of the template).
Could you PM me your FTP/Couch creds please?

Thanks
For a strange reason its worked now :lol: maybe me..

Quick question really,

I have a few sections.

1.News
2.Status Updates (like blog posts)
3.Articles

Now i want a news feed type. This is where i will the pages. so lets say news_feed.php
So now i have them sections above, i want to list them all together by date posted?

I'm unsure how to ''show'' or dump them all into one area? rather than use the master pages CMS tag?

whatitlookslike.jpg
whatitlookslike.jpg (113.13 KiB) Viewed 2471 times

As you can see here one is the news update and one is the status update. Now i want to list them as they are posted from different sections, as above. The divs are around the same but the images are different sizes. I want to take the whole lot, divs included and dump them all on one page. And then list them all together
Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay in reply but I seem to have missed noticing the new question that you have.

OK so if I got it right - you wish to list cloned pages belonging to multiple templates in a single loop (in other words - use multiple 'masterpage' parameters in a cms:pages tag loop).

I'm afraid but the cms:pages tag does not support this functionality in the current version.
However the upcoming version has the feature to use raw SQL queries with the cms:pages tag.
This capability was added to come in useful in conditions which are not handled by default by the cms:pages tag - e.g the problem that you have at hand.

So please wait for just a while longer (jut a few days - I am working currently on documenting the shopping cart feature set to debut and as soon as I am through with it, I'll get the new version out).
KK wrote: Hi Simon,

Sorry for the delay in reply but I seem to have missed noticing the new question that you have.

OK so if I got it right - you wish to list cloned pages belonging to multiple templates in a single loop (in other words - use multiple 'masterpage' parameters in a cms:pages tag loop).

I'm afraid but the cms:pages tag does not support this functionality in the current version.
However the upcoming version has the feature to use raw SQL queries with the cms:pages tag.
This capability was added to come in useful in conditions which are not handled by default by the cms:pages tag - e.g the problem that you have at hand.

So please wait for just a while longer (jut a few days - I am working currently on documenting the shopping cart feature set to debut and as soon as I am through with it, I'll get the new version out).

Thanks KK, let me know once you have done the document and i'll get this worked on.
5 posts Page 1 of 1