Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to output a Check-Box or similar to the Admin Panel? I've a sidebar with 4 blocks (News, Photos, Guestbook, Else). The user should be able to output the block he wants through a checkbox. At the moment I handle this with the "not empty tag" but a kind of check box or drop down menu with a hide or show option would be much more elegant.

Thank you for your answer
Hi cl,

Not sure if I understood your question right but is this what you are wish to have? -

Your template has four groups of editable regions - one for each mentioned blocks (News, Photos, Guestbook, Else).
You wish to have some sort of checkboxes or dropdown in the admin panel which could be used to selectively show only one of the four groups in the admin-panel (somewhat like Tumblr).

Am I right?
If so, I am afraid but out-of-box Couch does not support this.
I suppose you can try injecting JavaScript into the admin-panel (using 'message' type editable region and then try showing/hiding groups of editable regions selectively) but I haven't tried it yet.

Do let me know if I mis-understood the problem and you had something else in mind.
Hi, and thank you for your response. Yes, you got it completely right. I have 4 blocks/groups in the sidebar and the user can choose which group he want to show on a specific page. He can show all 4 or only one, as he likes. At the moment I handle that, as written, with a "not_empty tag" at the headline of any block. But this is sometimes a bit confusing. So I was searching for a more obvious possibility like a dropdown or a checkbox to show/hide each group separately.

Anyway, I'm not that good at Javascript so I'll leave it as it is.

One other thing. Some time ago there was some talk about a collapseable admin panel. The page I'm working on got 2 languages and should have 4 later on. Every language got about 7 pages. Then there are some additional clone-able templates, so quite a bit of stuff. A option to group the languages and collapse them would be really nice.

Thank you KK
3 posts Page 1 of 1