Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Good day,

I have just installed Couch on my machine and after following the tutorial step by step, when I refresh my about.php(after adding <?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?> and <?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>) page, while logged into couch cms, nothing changes(no template appears in the admin panel).

I have already deleted the database and re-uploaded all files, re-installed couch cms and re-tried the tutorial, same results.

What could be the problem? Or what am I missing?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Hi and welcome :)

Usually the most common reason for the changes to not appear in the admin-panel is that you are accessing the template in a different browser than that in which you are logged-in as super-admin (i.e. have the admin-panel open).

However, in your case, since as you say that this is the very first change you are trying to persist (namely register the template), Couch's behaviour would be to show you the login box if you are not logged-in as super-admin.

Clearly that is not happening so the next possible reason is that there is some PHP or Couch tags syntactical error in the template that is not allowing the script to end properly.
Please try viewing the generated HTML source of the template (Right click, 'view-source') and confirm that there is no error being reported in there.

Apart from this I cannot think of any possible reason for this behaviour. In case your test system is on a hosted server accessible online, please feel free to PM me its FTP creds and I'll try to find the problem.

Thanks.
Thank you for your response.

I practically copied and pasted the two primary tags at the top and bottom of page and yes, I was running both the admin and template on Firefox under two separate tabs or should it be in two separate browser windows?
Hi,

Both separate tabs or separate instances of the same browser are fine.

Did you take a look at the generated HTML source? It could yield a clue.

I would really like to take a look at the problem myself but, it seems, your installation is local to your machine and hence is inaccessible to me. I am so sorry I am unable to help you as much as I would've wished to.
Good day,

Today I simply logged into Couch and voila there it was(about.php). It is now 10pm on my side and it seems as if I'll be pulling an all nighter....Loving it!

Thanks for the aasistance.
5 posts Page 1 of 1