Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,

I've tried searching around and I believe my issue has to do with .htaccess file but I'm not quite sure. And if it is a .htaccess file issue, I don't know how to resolve it.

I'm currently working on a new version of a very active site, e.g: mysite.com/dev(/index.php)

Couch is currently setup in mysite.com/dev/couch...
The index.php has the required:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>

at the top, and required code at the bottom.

The problem is when you navigate to my site.com/dev, it takes you to the Couch login page, which you would normally see at mysite.com/dev/couch .

The only .htaccess file I found was in the root of the site, and now mention of couch files referenced I could find. It is a very active site with users on it everyday, so I can't risk doing anything to take it down temporarily :/

Hope that all makes sense, please help!
Hi and welcome,

Is the 'index.php' template visible in the list of templates shown in left-sidebar of Couch admin?

If not, then one possible reason for the login box to appear is that Couch is trying to add 'index.php' template to its list of managed templates but you are not logged-in as super-admin (which is mandatory).

Please login into your admin panel as super-admin and then *in the same browser* that has the admin-panel open (or a new tab of it) manually type the URL of the index.php template.
You should see no login-box.

As an alternative, why don't you simply enter your super-admin creds in the login-box being shown?

Of course, if index.php is already registered and visible in Couch admin, then there is something that would need to be looked into.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
KK,

Thank you so much for your thorough reply. Unfortunately the answer was not nearly as complicated as I had originally thought. Apparently I had changed the Access Level of my Index.php (it did exist in the Couch sidebar) to Authenticated User, which is why it required a login to even view the page.

I thought that I was changing the Access Level for Editors- As in which pages each Editor was allowed to edit, not changing the page visibility for public viewers.

KK wrote: As an alternative, why don't you simply enter your super-admin creds in the login-box being shown?
Reasoning for that is because the page being loaded is eventually going to be for public view, not for couch cms access.

Thanks
Apparently I had changed the Access Level of my Index.php (it did exist in the Couch sidebar) to Authenticated User, which is why it required a login to even view the page.

OK, that explains the behaviour :)

KK wrote:
As an alternative, why don't you simply enter your super-admin creds in the login-box being shown?
Reasoning for that is because the page being loaded is eventually going to be for public view, not for couch cms access.

Sorry I wasn't able to explain myself well - even for a template meant for public-view, when it is accessed for the *very first time* (i.e. Couch does not find the template in the list in sidebar), Couch will try to register the template. This requires the user to be a super-admin and if this is not so a login box will be shown. Once it is registered anybody can access it from the front-end (except, of course, if you set the access level to something other than 'Everybody', as happened in this case.

Do let us know if you happen to require any help working with Couch :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1