Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again!
I have no idea what is happening to my site :(
I hope someone could help me.

The problem started with links that were not working, they would look for html site when I would click on them. Strangely enough, the source view from the browser would show a complete html code, as if I have never done anything in Couch....

Links were defined as follows:
Code: Select all
<li><a href="<cms:link 'mischtechnik.php' />" <cms:if k_template_name=='mischtechnik.php'>class="aktiv"</cms:if>>Mischtechnik</li>

Then I realized I did not make the start page, index.php. So I did that (the link from that page was not working also). So I thought I should turn PrettyURL on....I did make .htaccess file after calling gen_htaccess.php, and i do have this line in it

Options +Indexes +FollowSymlinks -MultiViews
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

and since then - nothing can be seen , just blank page...
I cannot even access the admin site - blank page again...

I have then deleted that .htaccess file and turned prettyURLs off, but blank persistis....

Any idea?

Thaks in advance

Tanja

Since
Could you please PM me your site's FTP + Couch creds?
Hello KK!

I would just like to update, that the problem with blank website was due to not initialized php5.2 , that I probably have deleted when making new .htaccess file after turning prettyURLs...

The problem with links still persists though....

Tanja
ok, well, I found out where my mistakes were :oops:

first - I have made a snippet menu and forgot to embed it in the list view too, that is why source view in the browser would show complete html code for links....

second - my pages are in a subfolder, so cms:link was supposed to include that subfolder
like this
<cms:link 'html/page.php' />

instead of wrong
<cms:link 'page.php' />

same mistake I have made with k_template_name variable, it also includes name of the subfolder, only that active-link-class is not working yet...

Tanja
:oops: :oops:
mistake with punctuation in the code prevented active state of the link....

anyhow, thanks once more KK, and thanks to this forum, that offers so much information on so many topics...
it has helped me to understand that my problem lied at first in missing index.php and then that it had to do something with database and installed php version....

cheers everyone and thanks

I am very happy with Couch

Tanja
You are welcome Tanja :)
I am glad you could debug the problems all by yourself.
6 posts Page 1 of 1