Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again!

This issue is a minor one, but yet.....

I made a slideshow that is going to be managed from Couch, so images with thumbnails are as cloned pages...Every here and there as I upload the images, this automatic "Default page for...." appears....This makes everything disappear from the "real world" slide-show-page, because this Default page is empty and it undermines it....

My Question is: is there a way to avoid this?

Of course, if not, I will instruct my client to delete it when it appears, but it would be more elegant if this does not appear always again....

Default page appears when I reload admin site....

Thanks in advance

tanja

p.s. I have just seen, that one page disappears (page not found) from time to time...what could this be?
Hi Tanja,

This question has been answered in the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7010&p=9118

I'll quote from it
Every template requires a 'default' page (this has something to do with Couch's internals). If you happen to delete it, Couch will recreate it.
You can either -
1. Rename the default page (as its title suggests) and use it as one of your cloned pages or
2. Unpublish it from the 'advanced' menu. This way it will not appear in any of the listings on your site (although it will still appear in the admin-panel).

So the answer is that deleting the default page is futile - it will get recreated. Either use it as one of your slideshow page by changing its name or unpublish it so that it does not interfere with the listing.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot once more !!!

best regards

Tanja
3 posts Page 1 of 1