Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Forum!

I have searched the forum for a solution , but nothing seems to work for me....
I have uploaded to latest Couch version 1.3, but the images that I upload are still in poor quality.

I have tried to improve with adding quality parameter in editable region:

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='my_img' label='Bild' desc='Hier Bild hochladen' crop='0'  height='600' quality='100' group='zeichnungen' type='image' />

but this makes no difference...(Images are edited before the upload to height 600px, some are 800px height )

I have tried ImageMagic after ceesypoof post, but this seems not to work - thumbnails are not generated, although parameter crop is set to 0 . There is probably wrong version of ImageMagic on the server...

Could anyone help here?

Thanks in advance
tanja
Hi Tanja,

A 'quality' setting of 100 works quite well even with GD library and the loss is (usually) hardly discernible.

I suggest you start afresh -
Delete the uploaded images from the server.
Visit your template as super-admin to make sure the 'quality' setting takes effect.
Now upload two different images - one with a height less that 600px and the other more than it.

The way your editable region is set, Couch will try to enforce that the height of the uploaded image never exceeds 600px. So only the second image that has an original height greater that 600px will be reprocessed on the server. The first should be left untouched.

Please attach all the 4 images (2 original and 2 that ended up on the server) here or PM them.
I'd like to see myself how GD library dealt with the images and it is only then that I might be able to suggest anything.

Thanks.
Hello Forum!
Just to report back on this issue....The problem is NOT made by Couch or GD library.....

After KK looked at the images, it turned out that Couch uploads everything fine, so image is not loosing its quality through the upload.

I use slide show (Galleria with Folio theme), and the images loose quality when viewed in the slide show..
So, I have to figure out where the problem happens...

Thanks once more Kamran for your patience and great support

Tanja
3 posts Page 1 of 1