Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello.

I have some problem with setting up the portfolio,

It does not work at all and i have tryed it over and over again several times.

This is how it look like when i have done it correcrly

What should i do?

Attachments

Hello and welcome Tomas,

Could you please confirm that the portfolio images are being uploaded and the thumbnails getting created correctly?
The images and their associated thumbnails should be visible in the admin-panel. If they are. then there is something wrong with the code you are using in your template. It'd be helpful if you could attach the template (or PM it to me). Thanks.
KK wrote: Hello and welcome Tomas,

Could you please confirm that the portfolio images are being uploaded and the thumbnails getting created correctly?
The images and their associated thumbnails should be visible in the admin-panel. If they are. then there is something wrong with the code you are using in your template. It'd be helpful if you could attach the template (or PM it to me). Thanks.

Well the problem is that i dont see the First category, Second Category, Third Category to the left. The images are visible so thats not my problem. Im also using Aurelius website as testing. I have done it steb by steb several times, Also downloaded the source files and used them instead because they are already coded but non of it works and i dont know how to fix it.

Regards

Attachments

Since if you are using the source files that come with the Aurelius tutorial, there seems no reason why the output should be different.

If your test setup is accessible online, please PM me your FTP/Couch name+password and I'll try to find what is causing this.
If, on the other hand, you are testing Couch on your local machine you can PM me a zip of the *exact* source files that you are using (although I suggest you please move your site online so that I may be able to help you whenever required). Thanks.
Oh i have it on my local machine, anyways. i have set some things right but now im getting that
Error: masterpage: "portfolio_desc.php" not found.

portfolio.php --> placed in root folder
portfolio_desc.php --> Placed in root folder
portfolio_list.html --> Placed in snippets inside couch directory.

If u look on the image you will see what i mean with the error.

Regards Tomas

Attachments

What Couch is complaining about is that the portfolio_desc.php template is not registered with it.

You see, simply physically placing a template on the server is not sufficient. We also need to 'register' the template by placing the <?php require_once('couch/cms.php'); ?> and <?php COUCH::invoke(); ?> within the template and then visiting it as super-admin using the browser.
Once a template is registered, it will appear in the list of templates shown in the sidebar of the admin-panel.

I think you are missing the 'visiting the template as super-admin' step. Please manually type 'portfolio_desc.php' after your site's URL in your browser's address bar (please make sure this is the same browser in which you have the admin-panel open and are logged in as super-admin) and visit the template.

Hope this helps.
Okej. When i have done that the error was fixed, But what now the Category on the left is gone and only the images are visible, No sections at all. ?

with sections i mean First category, Second category and the Third Category.
Can you please send me the following files (the very ones that you are using)-
portfolio.php
portfolio_desc.php
portfolio_list.html

Thanks.
sended it :)
Thanks.
I checked and it seems you have not done any modifications of your own to the code.
So the only possible reason would be that you have missed out some step in the tutorial.

1. In the tutorial, we first create the categories (i.e. folders) for the portfolio template. Please verify that the folders are there.
2. To show details of these categories, the method used in the tutorial uses another template (portfolio_desc.php) and then creates cloned pages out of this second template with the same names as that of the folder of the first template. Please verify that you have indeed created the pages from portfolio_desc.php and given them the same name as that of the folders in portfolio.php.

With the two steps completed properly there is no reason (that I can see) for any problem with the display.

Please check the two points I mentioned and let me know. Thanks.
12 posts Page 1 of 2