Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to make this list editable in the blog:

Code: Select all
<ul class="menu simple-menu check-list">
                                        <li><a href="#">$200,000</a></li>
                                        <li><a href="#">1 Bathroom </a></li>
                                        <li><a href="#">1122 Sq. Ft. </a></li>
                                        <li><a href="#">14,375 Sq. Ft. Lot</a></li>
                                        <li><a href="#">$345,000</a></li>
                                    </ul>

I tried to make it an editable text region but it only displayed 1 item properly and the other items lost their style. Do I need to make more than one editable text region?
This may or may not be what you want:
<cms:editable name='price_one' type='text' search_type='decimal' validator='non_negative_decimal' order='1' />
<cms:editable name='bathrooms' type='text' search_type='decimal' validator='non_negative_decimal' order='2' />
<cms:editable name='sq_ft' type='text' search_type='decimal' validator='non_negative_decimal' order='3' />
<cms:editable name='sq_ft_lot' type='text' search_type='decimal' validator='non_negative_decimal' order='4' />
<cms:editable name='price_two' type='text' search_type='decimal' validator='non_negative_decimal' order='5' />

<li><a href="#">$<cms:number_format price_one decimal_separator='.' thousands_separator=',' /></a></li>
   <li><a href="#"><cms:show bathrooms /> Bathroom<cms:if bathrooms != '1' >s</cms:if></a></li>
   <li><a href="#"><cms:number_format sq_ft decimal_precision='0' thousands_separator=',' /> Sq. Ft.</a></li>
   <li><a href="#"><cms:number_format sq_ft_lot decimal_precision='0' thousands_separator=',' /> Sq. Ft. Lot</a></li>
   <li><a href="#">$<cms:number_format price_two decimal_separator='.' thousands_separator=',' /></a></li>
</ul>

If you want to be able to create a list where you aren't sure ahead of time how many items or what content you want, then using repeatable regions would make more sense. Let me know if you need help with either route.
They are going to be repeatable since each list will be different and won't know exactly what they are ahead of time.
I was able to use the repeatable code and it worked great. Thank you for your help. Here is what I put in the header:

<cms:repeatable name='listing_details' >
<cms:editable name='listing_details' type='text' />
</cms:repeatable>

and where I wanted the list to display:
                  <cms:show_repeatable 'listing_details' >
                                        <li><a href="#"><cms:show listing_details /></a></li>
                                      </cms:show_repeatable>
                                    </ul>
4 posts Page 1 of 1