Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
What im trying to do is this. I have a Media section, that is clonabe. But I have 3 different types of Medai, Screenshots, Videos and Podcasts. What I want is a dropdown that they can select that would change what the template is(Either right there, or after they save which ever one can be done) .

Is this something that can be done, and if so how?

Thanks,
Steve C
If I understood your question right, you have three different media types and each of them has its own set of editable regions. You wish to have a dropdown or something where the person creating the page selects the media and this makes only the editable regions belonging to that media type appear while those of the other two get hidden. Right?

Unfortunately, there is no native support for this kind of thing (yet) in Couch.
I suppose we can hack together a solution by injecting JavaScript into the edit panel (using editable region of type 'message' as shown in several posts on this forum) and then using JS to show/hide fields but it would be very custom to your own needs.

For now, I suggest that you use three 'groups' of regions (one for each media) and an additional region of type 'radio' at the top where the user selects which media the page represents. This won't hide/show the groups but will make it easy on the front end to check which regions to display depending on the selected media.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Thanks, Its cool. I didn't think that was a feature like this yet. Would be cool if there was.

Thanks for your help,
Steven Costello
3 posts Page 1 of 1